Dont Laugh

MarkF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi
Please dont laugh, well no to much.....

Just purchased a new air and pollen filter from Mercedes PArts via the net in Oxford, good price and great service.
Anyway I have the box of bits but can you please tell me where I can find the filters on the car, its a ML270CDi.
Its due a B service in 4000 miles so thought I would do the bits I can do to reduce the cost.
Give me a drawings and a lump of metal and Im at home, give me a car and it all goes to pot.

Thinking of doinf the rear discs and pads next....
:grin:

Ellsy Tanners

Reaction score
Air filter goes in the black box to the left of the engine bay.
the dust/pollen filter goes under the dash passenger side, drop down the under pannel and its in the heater box acceseble by a clip up pannel. take a look you will work it out!!

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Please dont laugh, well no to much.....

Just purchased a new air and pollen filter from Mercedes PArts via the net in Oxford, good price and great service.
Anyway I have the box of bits but can you please tell me where I can find the filters on the car, its a ML270CDi.
Its due a B service in 4000 miles so thought I would do the bits I can do to reduce the cost.
Give me a drawings and a lump of metal and Im at home, give me a car and it all goes to pot.

Thinking of doinf the rear discs and pads next....
:grin:

I see you have an answer to the location of the filter but just to help out a bit the rear disks and pads are at the back of the car and usually on the outside, more or less one at each corner behind the rear wheels - those are the two wheels that (normally) follow the front wheels;);)

Ellsy Tanners

Reaction score
I see you have an answer to the location of the filter but just to help out a bit the rear disks and pads are at the back of the car and usually on the outside, more or less one at each corner behind the rear wheels - those are the two wheels that (normally) follow the front wheels;);)

Well, you learn something new every day!!!!!!

OP
MarkF

MarkF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi
Thanks guys, is this the box on the side of the engine just above the turbo or is it the box on the far left with the vacum bulb on top.

Andy Wr

Reaction score
Not the box with the vacuum bulb on, it sits and is attached to the left side of the engine, it is oblong shape and has a little circular window in it which acts as a indicator for filter blocked and is secured by 3 torx bolts and has a flexi plastic hose with the air mas meter in it, you will get to know the air mass at some point.

Regarding brakes, if it is a facelift model, pads are an absolute doddle to change, not changed discs yet but will in the not so distant future, plenty of posts on this forum regarding ML pads and discs.

OP
MarkF

MarkF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi
Andy,

Thanks for this, always wondered what the gauge was for, I thought it had something to do with the turbo.
Do I need to do anything to the gauge, ie reset after installing the new filter.

On a lighter note I had an email from a friend this week I have not seend for 7 years, his two lads are grown up now and have very good jobs, the youngest is a chartered accountant and has a new ML320 CDi with the Brabus chip fitted, the other lad has a New SLK55 AMG, nice cars, guess I need to go and see my old friend.....

Thanks once again.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom