Door Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

mig_1952

New Registration
Reaction score
I have a 1994 E220 and the electric window refuses to close all the way. i suspect the motor has shed a few teeth. Now i can replace the motor, but i am having trouble with the door card. All i need is a simple way to remove them without damaging them in any way. I spoke to my local dealer and all i got was 'give the car to us and we'll do it' Now i know it'll be a 5min job but they'll charge and arm and a leg. so i want to do it myself.
So what i am asking for is basically a step by step in door card removal; any help would be gratefully appreciated.

****** good forum by the way :D

landover

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.landrovertd.com
You are better getting a Haynes manual.It will give you detailed instuctions
on removal of the panel. .It is hard to explain to someone on a keyboard.Hope this helps.

Reaction score
1. take the mirror handle off. This involves pushing a plastic keyway out with a small screwdriver and pulling the handle towards what would be the rear of the car if the door was shut

2. Remove the mirror cover. Pull the top out and then lift the unit up (this is the triangular card near the mirror)

3. Pop the catch cover off at the lower side where it meets the handle and door catch, a screwdriver will do this.

4. Undo the handle bolt. The handle remains connected to the door card at threbottom - only the bolt mentioned needs to be undone

5. Slide the handle forward, it is on clips that hold when pushed back,and pull it out. at this point the door opening rod will need to be pushed out of its clip, again a screw driver will help.

6. Undo the plastic surround around the catch at the rear of the door

7. Now that the door catch and handle catch surround, mirror cover and handle are undone or removed just lift the door card upwards - a few taps will help especially at the top where the window seal is and it will come away!

peel away the membraine and sort out your problem! I imagine the teeth have gone on the quadrant not the motor and quadrants are like hens teeth in my local scrap yards. PM me if you have a problem.

Putting the whole this together will take time to line all door card clips up, I used a stanley knife to clean away the menbraine from the slots. Also make sure your window is aligned in the front foam lined guide and works properly before putting the guide back on.

Hope this helps

tom7035

Reaction score
As above, but you must replace the door-card starting at the top, hooking it over the door lock button first and ensuring it engages with the slotted edge of the door window inner rubber seal as you engage the plastic clips into the door frame. Some patience is required! Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom