DPF removal on E250 CDI

subzero

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250CDi Coupe Blue Efficiency
Hi,

I was hoping somebody could help me. I recently bought a 2009 E250Cdi Coupe, all was well for the first few weeks then the engine management light appears. Turns out that the fault is related to the DPF.

I have searched far & wide & been turned away by DPF removal companies as they cannot remap the ECU on this car? For everyone's information the ECU on this particular car is a 'Delphi CRD2.61' as soon as I mention this people turn away.

I have been told that no body has the software for this model yet, can anyone please help me?

I live in the Leeds area & would appreciate if anyone can advise of:

1. If they have the same car & the DPf has been removed & if so by who?

2. If I continue to drive with the management light on, will this damage my car further?

The car is not in limp mode as in I can still do a decent speed, however I lose power when the car warms up, I'm told this is due to the DPF being blocked. I have had it cleaned & regenerated & within a few days the light is back on. Sick of this issue now & wanted to know if anyone has experienced the same?

Thanks.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Good afternoon,

This is not correct! We have the equipment and expertise to work on the EDC17 ECU tri-core. We can offer a full software/hardware solution for DPF removal on 99% of vehicles old and new.

Regards

William

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Below is a link to our facebook page where you can see the process of the EDC17 Tricore unit being programmed.

If you need any help or would like a chat about your vehicle please feel free to get in touch T 05603 6721 09 (local Rate)

http://www.facebook.com/GadTuningLtd

Kind Regards

William @ GAD Tuning

OP
S

subzero

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Yes the people I have spoken to also mentioned that they can remap the ECU you referenced, I believe it's a Bosch ECU?

However mine is a Delphi CRD2.61 - Image attached.

If you can confirm that this ECU can definitely be remapped I will call you to discuss further...

Thanks.

Attachments

• !cid_0F94C41C-CC7C-47D4-BEE5-C9ADD7B62F96.jpg
    !cid_0F94C41C-CC7C-47D4-BEE5-C9ADD7B62F96.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 33
OP
S

subzero

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I believe it is.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Hi we have a dealer in leeds that is capable of tuning this ECU feel free to give us a call and we can arrange this for you.

Many Thanks

William @ GAD Tuning

OP
S

subzero

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
DPF Emulator??

Hi, turns out that the software for the DPF removal is not available yet. I have however been quoted to fit a 'DPF Emulator'?

Do you know of any issues with this option? I appreciate to fit the device the technician will need to adjust the wiring which will void any warranty (none left). Apart from this does anyone know of any issues???

To be honest I'm quite surprised that nobody has had this dilemma yet, I have searched the forum & cannot find anything on DPF removal for this model.

Would appreciate any feedback...

Thanks All.

Last edited:
OP
S

subzero

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
**UPDATE**

I have managed to find a company based in Gloucester which is a 3 hour drive for me!

They have confirmed they have managed to crack the ECU on the E250cdi models. I have booked in for next week, I will update if people are interested??

Shino

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E250 CDi
**UPDATE**

I have managed to find a company based in Gloucester which is a 3 hour drive for me!

They have confirmed they have managed to crack the ECU on the E250cdi models. I have booked in for next week, I will update if people are interested??

Sorry for bringing a old post back, but did you manage to get the dpf removed and sort out the engine management light?

This has happened to my car and also ive had few people saying they can do it and some saying it cant be done.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Good morning,

This management variation DPF removal is available. Should not be a need for emulation. The 250cdi very rarely has dpf issues we have found

Regards

Team GAD

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Don't new 2014 MOT regulations include a dpf check?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom