drilled and slotted rotors

bnzman7

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi all, My daughter has a 2000 230 slk and took it in for a brake job. She brought in with her 4 drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads. The shop did the job (not MB dealer) and now the car pulsates with medium pressure coming to a stop plus the steering wheel shakes and there is some squeeling too. All the parts are brand new, any idea what the problem can be? Thanks for any info. :cool: :)

John

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
Drilled & slotted

John

Did the car behave like this before the ceramic pads & drilled & slotted discs were fitted? If it didn't then it's pretty obvious where the problem(s) lie. I'd say a set of discs & pads from a Mercedes dealer will sort the problem

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

clive williams

Reaction score
The pulsing through the pedal is probably the disc running out of true. The disc has either not been machined accurately or the mounting of the disc was not clean on the hub - rust can cause this. Take the car back to the brake fitter and complain, the jobs not up to scratch. Good quality brake discs are equal or better than OEM.

I understood that ceramic pads had a special bedding in process - is this so and was it done?. Also the disc run-out is not helping.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom