Drivers window - up but not down!

ripples

Reaction score
thanks alex. Yes the HD cable has a funny square grey cover that doesnt seem to want to come off easily. There is no obvious way for it to go - any ideas?

ripples

Reaction score
Ok I finally got the CCM out and it sounds like there is something loose in one of the black boxes in the top right of frame.

Does anyone have a schematic of this module?

Attachments

• W210-CCM-1997.JPG
    W210-CCM-1997.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 19

ripples

Reaction score
Malcolm,

A quick google tells me you're right - they are twin relays setup in such a way that only one can be fired at a time; both relays output goes to ground by default, and when one is triggered it feeds +ve voltage to that line. A clever way of reversing the polarity for the window motors.

I'm having trouble getting the relay out but when I do I'll post some more.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I use de soldering suckers but only good if the pins are not too tight in the PCB one way to remove them is to put a thin screwdriver between the relay and the PCB, heat up the pins and the relay will lift a touch, just keep melting the solder on each pin in turn while keeping pressure on the screwdriver, moving it around helps.

You can buy a sucker from Maplins circa £4 or get a coil of solder wick that sucks off the solder

ripples

Reaction score
Replace CCM - Do part numbers need to match 100%

I found a replacement CCM for 100 USD and I wonder if all the various numbers need to match.

What do the below actually mean?

TEMIC 335625 97W19
HW : 17/96
SW:08/95

The closest match I have there is the first which has 97W32, whereas my CCM has 97W19.

The first three images are of the potential replacements, last is of my unit.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• REPLACE-CCM-1.jpg
    REPLACE-CCM-1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 6
  • REPLACE-CCM-2.jpg
    REPLACE-CCM-2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 6
  • REPLACE-CCM-3.jpg
    REPLACE-CCM-3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 5
  • CCM-serial-numbers-2.JPG
    CCM-serial-numbers-2.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 7

ripples

Reaction score
Ok thanks for your help everyone, I got it fixed.

Couldn't get the relays out with a soldering iron, just too tightly packed in there.

couldn't find a desoldering sucker for love or money either (I am in Geneva) but the other weekend I was in London and found one for 14 quid at Maplins.

Had the relays out in ten minutes, switched over the front and rear drivers side, and it works.

I cut the relay open and found the problem was not dirty or arced contacts as I suspected but a mechanical failure : relay would fire but the tiny little copper arm was warped and it would buckle under load instead of moving and making contact. I fixed it by bending it around a bit, but I didn't put it back because it will surely fail again.

Anyway, better late than never, problem solved. Thanks again.

Phil

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom