Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Reaction score
HAVING TYRE PROBLEMS WITH MY E 240 99 V REG
HAVE DONE 18000 MILES FROM NEW
FRONT TYRES ILLEGAL
REAR TYRES 4MM TREAD LEFT BUT RUN OFF ON INNER EDGE
M. B. RECCOMEND TRACKING & POSSIBLE ADJUSTMENT AT A COST OF APPROX £150  NATIONAL TYRES SUGGEST UNUSUAL WEAR FOR MILEAGE UNDER NORMAL DRIVING CONDITIONS BUT SAY ONLY MAIN DEALER CAN DO TRACKING
ANY ADVISE APPRECIATED

David Halsey

Reaction score
E 240

go to a proper tyre and alignment shop!

National obviously don't know what they are talking about!

the alignment setup on this vehicle is the same as for any other,

cost should be around £50.00 +vat

Dave B

Reaction score
E 240

John,

I had a similar response when I visited a "Quick Fit" centre.  Tyres and balancing was fine, but I was told that alignment/tracking for both Mercs and Beamers (sorry about that!) can only be done by dealers.

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
E 240

Hold on Hold on

There is one person who can carry out this work using the very same equipment as the dealers use. Yes you have guessed it. ME!!!

Cost £55 plust the dreaded Vat. Four wheel alignment.

We carry out work also for our local (franchised) BMW body shop. If your in the area give me a shout.

Regards

Andy @ www.mercedesservicing.com

StewartS

Reaction score
E 240

Whilst I was getting the interior temp thingy diagnosed on Wed I noticed the price list at Rycroft in Stockton - wheel alignment £62 which is almost exactly half of AMB in Sunderland. Must pay to shop around.

I'm now dreading that 74 thousand mile service though. - £360! eeek.  Should be back end of the year - I think I'll bring my West Highland Terrier down to Smethwick about October time.

Stew, 96C200

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom