E Class brake replacement

eclassbounder

Reaction score
Any general guidance please, on how quickly the brakes need to be changed once the warning symbols come up? ie couple of hundred miles or can they be left for say upto 500?:confused:

Lacy

Reaction score
Depends on how heavy you are on your brakes and what sort of driving you are doing......In most circumstances you would probably get away with 500 miles but personally I wouldn't risk it.....I usually change the pads as soon as the indicators light........better than ending up having to replace the discs if you wait too long anyways.........

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Lacy said:
Depends on how heavy you are on your brakes and what sort of driving you are doing......In most circumstances you would probably get away with 500 miles but personally I wouldn't risk it.....I usually change the pads as soon as the indicators light........better than ending up having to replace the discs if you wait too long anyways.........

I was going to say under 100 miles.

Malcolm

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom