E-Class Estate Luggage Cover

M

mikeharland

I am looking for a secondhand cover as the spring in mine has gone. Has anyone got a spare for sale please?

OP
M

mikeharland

Luggage Cover for E-Class Mercedes Estate

Hi Nick

It is a E320T July 1998 Estate-Type 210K. Present cover is charcoal but I'm no too fussy about colour.

Thanks for your reply.

Mike

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
Loadspace cover

Mike

I don't have any W210 bits (yet) but if it's like the W124 there is a coiled spring at each end for each pull-out bit (luggage retainer & loadspace cover)

It's easy enough to get one end coiled & clipped in place but I couldn't figure out a way of doing both ends - there must be a technique to it!

The pivot bar that runs through the middle is round with flats on it - like a D section - and the flats engage with the plastic end caps. The end cap has a metal clip to keep it all together. I suspect the clip's come adrift and the plastic bit has broken. It's repairable, in theory, but I've not managed it. Maybe someone else has?

Best of luck finding what you need

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

OP
M

mikeharland

Nick

Thanks for your advice. I'll have another go at a repair and will also keep a look out for a secondhand replacement.

Mike

rib2934

Reaction score
Load Cover W210

I have a spare load cover but it is in light grey, are you interested?

Don

OP
M

mikeharland

Hi Don

Yes if the price is right.

Mike

rib2934

Reaction score
Mike,

Sorry for the late reply, the luggage cover is in "as new" condition as it has received very little use. Retail from the dealers is well over £500, (just checked and nearly had a heart attack). I am looking for about £100.

Where about are you? I am in Norfolk.

Don.

k langdon

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

If you're still looking I have a beige load cover in the garage I don't need - any reasonable offer accepted.

I also have a set of roof bars as well if you, or anyone else is interested.

Cheers,

Kevin

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom