E-class facelift details?

the zacster

Reaction score
Hi all

Has anybody heard anything about the mid-term facelift to the 211 E-class which was due to be anounced at the Geneva show (which started yesterday)?

Last I heard was that MB were going to announce details of the facelift at the show, with a view to selling the facelifted cars in the UK from this summer. But a (very) quick trawl of the web hasn't thrown up any details; anybody out there have some details? (I'm thinking of getting a nearly-new E280CDi estate, but have been holding off until seeing whether the facelift changes are significant enought to be worth waiting a little longer for some newsed 280s to come through the MB Direct channel).

Thanks!

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Thats a relief - pretty much as I expected. You don't muck about too much when you got it so right in the first place!
Actually I think I prefer mine!
Certainly the uninitiated wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

OP
T

the zacster

Reaction score
I've just read elsewhere that details fo the facelift will now be announced at the New York show in early April. As pb33 indicated, the exterior changes seem to be very minor. However, it sounds like the SBC system will be dropped (I'm not sure wheyther this is a good thing or a bad thing!), and the interior dash might be upgraded. Guess I'll have to wait another month...

jberks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
the zacster said:
(I'm thinking of getting a nearly-new E280CDi estate, but have been holding off until seeing whether the facelift changes are significant enought to be worth waiting a little longer for some newsed 280s to come through the MB Direct channel).

Given that they aren't out anywhere yet, you're looking at probably September before any are on the roads, then another 6-12 months before the newsed ones appear. Sounds like a long wait to me, especially given they are pretty much identical.

Jensen

Reaction score
Plus the three pointed star on the bonnet is flat like on a coupe. Doesn't stand up proud unless I've missed something

jberks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Jensen said:
Plus the three pointed star on the bonnet is flat like on a coupe. Doesn't stand up proud unless I've missed something

I suspect that was a minor attempt to disguise the car, there is no way they are going to do away with the star on the E class. They may offer an option of a flat badge but IMO to remove it would be a step too far and they would upset a lot of old customers, especially in the US.
Anyway, I can't think of an MB without an upright badge that doesn't have a big badge set in the grill instead. (which would look wrong on an E class).

Top Bottom