E-Class Rust, Just How Bad Does it Get?

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
The touch up brushes are always to big for small stone chips and you can make quite a mess with them! The best way to apply the paint is to use the brush to drip a bit into the cap and then dip in a slightly sharpened matchstick and dab into the chip - much more accurate. Need a few coats and dont rush it - Usually takes me a few days per chip!

Stabz

Reaction score
For prevention of rust try www.rust.co.uk Ive used these products a couple of times and cant recommend them enough. Seems like the best thing to do is to try and prevent rust from happening in the first place and for £120 its a lot easier than trying to get money out of the stealers, and will end up alot cheaper in the long run. just a suggestion!

Reaction score
i have a 1999 e300td which i took to a mecedes dealer to have the glow plugs replaced the workshop broke 1 of the glow plugs and they said they would have to remove the head to drill them out at a cost of £1000 is it right that it is my risk when i take my car to a mercedes dealer when there workshop break something

B

bassbluestew

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT !

Surely they have SOME responsibility for fixing your car......................I had a plumber come to my house to fix a leaky loo and he promptly broke something else whilst fixing it. Needless to say I was less than chuffed, especially as he said "oh that always breaks, you should have known that".
At six feet one and the wrong side of twenty stone, I suggested that he might want to fix it if he wanted paying, and it might be an idea to do it whilst he was there. He did !

S

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom