E200 Flat Battery and can't get into car !

Leeashcroft

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im hoping somone can give me a bit of advice here.

My car's been sat on the drive for around a month and the battery has gone flat and i cannot get into the car either through the electronic keyfob or by using the metal emergency key.

I've tried the key hole on the drivers door as well as the boot and sprayed wd40 into the keyholes over a few days with them still being unable to turn.

The battery is located under the passenger seat which i cannot access because i cannot get into the car. I have the same problem with getting into the bonet... i can't because the lever is in the driver footwell.

How can i get into this car without calling out a breakdown service or breaking a window ?

Is there any way to pop the bonet without getting into the car so that i can get power to a jump point or are there any exterior parts of the car i can connect a power source too give it just enough juice to power the door pumps to open the doors ?

I've read that there is a jump point under one of the wheelarch's but havent been able to find this.

I've also tried to push the bonet catch open with a wire hook, but i'm not sure what im doing here.

Ive had a look around the net and saw a post saying that somone managed to provide power via the rear number plate late connections. Would a standard 9v battery be just enough to open the doors ?

Can anyone think of any other way to get in to the car ? i'm struggling here.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome with your not so good news.

First the key will eventually turn after spraying in WD40 or PTFE,, they always do.

The only other way is to get to the starter motor that is on the near side front behind the nearside wheel. It could be possible to jack the car, you may have to remove the engine undertray, and use a battery charger, putting the positive plus wire onto the large starter wire, why someone operates the remote. or remove near side front wheel and the rear section of the wheel arch liner and getting to the starter that way, the wire only has to be there foe the few seconds it needs to operate the central locking

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05
Hello and welcome with your not so good news.

First the key will eventually turn after spraying in WD40 or PTFE,, they always do.

The only other way is to get to the starter motor that is on the near side front behind the nearside wheel. It could be possible to jack the car, you may have to remove the engine undertray, and use a battery charger, putting the positive plus wire onto the large starter wire, why someone operates the remote. or remove near side front wheel and the rear section of the wheel arch liner and getting to the starter that way, the wire only has to be there foe the few seconds it needs to operate the central locking

Thats the way ive done it before too;)

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
Do you have a tow ball and plug on the vehicle? These sometimes have a permanent live that you could use as long as you don't have a blocking diode.

Cheers,
Bill

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom