E220cdi 2014 favorite buttons not working and climate control not showing on screen

JazzRST

Reaction score
Hi please can someone help me,
The car in question is a E220 cdi 2014

The problem is the Favourite buttons next to the command controller (big star and small star button) have stopped working and the climate control status display on my Command Screen, (it normally appears at the bottom of the satnav screen) for about 3 seconds, it has stopped coming up.
I've searched through the settings and can not seem to find anything to switch them on.

Has anyone got any ideas how to get this back up and running

Any help would be appreciated

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
If no one comes back on this tonight I’ll check tomorrow for you (I’m out in the Volvo tonight so the 212 is at home). Must admit I never use the favourites!
My climate information only flashes at the bottom of the Comand screen though when I alter the settings , I know that much- are you saying yours shows even when you first switch on?
Also hope this is obvious but have you tried switching Comand off then back on?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
OK, found the favourites bit, apologies if this is what you’ve already done but worth a check.
Push comand scroll button forward until you see the menu accross the top, scroll along to ‘Sys’ and press the button
Select ‘Assign as favourite’ and click
A list of the functions available as favourites will be there and a * against your chosen favourites
Scroll through and click when you find one you want to add.
(I am wondering whether yours have been lost inadvertently)
When you exit this and press your favourites the list should reappear
Haven’t tried this but I am guessing the climate info you mention will appear automatically on initial start up if you chose that as a favourite...?
If none of that works, then Comandonline will be able to advise better, it might be that you have to perform a Comand reset which involves pulling fuses

OP
J

JazzRST

Reaction score
If no one comes back on this tonight I’ll check tomorrow for you (I’m out in the Volvo tonight so the 212 is at home). Must admit I never use the favourites!
My climate information only flashes at the bottom of the Comand screen though when I alter the settings , I know that much- are you saying yours shows even when you first switch on?
Also hope this is obvious but have you tried switching Comand off then back on?

Hi mate thanks for that,
yes the climate shows bottom of the screen when altering the settings but this has now stopped. I had the favourite button set to sat nav home address for my dad as he couldn't figure out the sat nav. But now it doesn't work. The only thing was i was away on holiday for nearly 3 weeks and when i got back the start/stop battery had gone flat but after a long drive its working fine. that's the only thing that I think may have a link to the problem

OP
J

JazzRST

Reaction score
OK, found the favourites bit, apologies if this is what you’ve already done but worth a check.
Push comand scroll button forward until you see the menu accross the top, scroll along to ‘Sys’ and press the button
A list of the functions available as favourites will be there and a * against your chosen favourites
Haven’t tried this but I am guessing the climate info you mention will appear automatically on initial start up if you chose that as a favourite...?
If none of that works, then Comandonline will be able to advise better, it might be that you have to perform a Comand reset which involves pulling fuses

Sorry just seem this message now, I'm going out now to check it,

OP
J

JazzRST

Reaction score
Ok the climate is showing it had stopped but just checked that's fine.
I've assigned the favour it button again but it's still not working, it says "Function not possible at the moment" it definitely worked before, can't understand what's happened? Do I need to subscribe

Thanks John, it's all working now, i had to delete the favourites and set them again and now all is working hooray.
Many thanks for that...as you have a w212 can I ask another question....mine is a 2014 and when I take the key out of the ignition the steering wheel doesn't make that electronic locking sound, my old 2010 w212 used too do it and so do all my sprinter vans, when it was still under warranty I took it back to MB and was told that the new mercs don't have steering wheel locks anymore. what year is yours? and does your have that electronic sounding steering lock.

Thanks in advance
Jazz

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hi Jazz, glad you got it fixed!
Mine is a 2014 too, only thing is is that it’s KG (Keyless go) so I don’t put a key in or take it out.
However that aside , your dealer is correct the newer models don’t have a steering lock anymore.
Not sure why (someone will!), maybe the auto box is enough deterrent or on your case the column shifter doesn’t work with a steering lock or...
(Mine also doesn’t have the column shift, it has the shifter in the normal place with the MCT box)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hi mate thanks for that,
yes the climate shows bottom of the screen when altering the settings but this has now stopped. I had the favourite button set to sat nav home address for my dad as he couldn't figure out the sat nav. But now it doesn't work. The only thing was i was away on holiday for nearly 3 weeks and when i got back the start/stop battery had gone flat but after a long drive its working fine. that's the only thing that I think may have a link to the problem
That will have done it!
What that has done is a Comand reset effectively in which case you need to reload your favourites. Same as the fuse pulling reset I mentioned in my reply...

OP
J

JazzRST

Reaction score
Hi Jazz, glad you got it fixed!
Mine is a 2014 too, only thing is is that it’s KG (Keyless go) so I don’t put a key in or take it out.
However that aside , your dealer is correct the newer models don’t have a steering lock anymore.
Not sure why (someone will!), maybe the auto box is enough deterrent or on your case the column shifter doesn’t work with a steering lock or...
(Mine also doesn’t have the column shift, it has the shifter in the normal place with the MCT box)

I just find it so weird when I pull the key out I expect it to lock as my other mercs do, oh well at least I know it's not faulty. Again many thanks for all your help:)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom