E240 - running rough

kipper

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've had my X plate 240, 48k, for a couple of years now without issue. About a month or so ago it started running rough on idle and when holding a gear at lights. Ran fine otherwise. Only had a couple of thousand miles to go to service so I left it. Then the Cats went, including C02 sensors. Fine replaced them, no change to running. If anything it got a little worse.
MPG went down too. MB dealer had a look and replaced the Air Mass sensor. they said that it was running fine, just a little uneven running and that I may want to change the plugs. 24 hours later MPG gets worse and the car runs as though it wants to stay in lower gears longer than normal, subsequently yellow engine warning light comes on and a bit of smoke from the exhaust. It's just been taken away on a back of a lorry under mobilife, it runs and I have to say looked lovely on the back of the lorry.

I'm really after some advice on what to expect the MB dealer to say next. Any idea's what's causing this and how much more cash I'm likely to have to spend!

Last edited:
Top Bottom