E240 - SERVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Reaction score
HAVING VISITED LEADLEYS (M.B.) YORK
Prior to servicing of my E240 v reg (99) 18,000 miles I was quoted £180 my invoice for the work is £320       any comment                                                            JOHN W 99 E240

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
E240

Hi John,

Did they carry out any extra work? Did the ask for any authorisation.

A lot of the MB dealerships usually have  a menu pricing on the wall. Did they not have this?

What did they say when you said you had been quoted £180. If that wasn't the price. Who quoted the price, and what was he in fact quoting for?

I am just interested in what goes on at the MB dealerships and how they are treating there customers.

Regards

Andy @ www.mercedesservicing.com

dave elcome

Reaction score
E240

John.

Its worth noting that if you ask a garage to service your car, and they take it upon themselves to carry out extra work, WITHOUT your permission, then you are entitled to take your car after paying for what you initially asked them to do, IE the service, and making a contribution to the extra work. Obviously you will be expected to pay in full eventually.

This might stir some garage owners up a bit, but i can assure you its correct, its all down to the fact that they did "preventative work" without your permission, lets say, fitting new brake pads. Of course the other option is to get them to put it back how it was, thus escaping the extra payment.

OP
J

john w

Reaction score
E240

Thanks to all who replied.
Complained to Leadleys and they have reverted to original quote of £180 plus brake fluid change. Could this have something to do with the fact that twice they have tried to charge me for warranty work ????

Incidentally have now discovered a leak on the power steering pipe.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom