E250CDI 2009 Injector Issue

subzero

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250CDi Coupe Blue Efficiency
Would appreciate any advice offered..

Recently my engine management light came on. Diagnostic machine said Injector 1 Internal electric failure. The mechanic checked the injector & confirmed that all the injectors read OK. The engine runs the same & still has the same power. He even pulled injector 1 out whilst the car was run & the engine clearly started to judder, which sort of says injector 1 is still working?

Options now are to either pay MB £150 for 1 hours labour for them to probably say the injector needs replacing, or carry on driving as is & wait for failure. I have been told that a single injector cannot be replaced & that it will have to be all 4 including the coil pack costing around £900?!

Running the car with the engine management light on means that if there is a problem with anything else I will not know about it.

Has anyone had this issue? By the way I had my DPF deleted about 4 months ago, not sure if this is related?

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.

Robbostanhill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 Estate 2003 and *Her* C220 W203
Injectors

Would appreciate any advice offered..

Recently my engine management light came on. Diagnostic machine said Injector 1 Internal electric failure. The mechanic checked the injector & confirmed that all the injectors read OK. The engine runs the same & still has the same power. He even pulled injector 1 out whilst the car was run & the engine clearly started to judder, which sort of says injector 1 is still working?

Options now are to either pay MB £150 for 1 hours labour for them to probably say the injector needs replacing, or carry on driving as is & wait for failure. I have been told that a single injector cannot be replaced & that it will have to be all 4 including the coil pack costing around £900?!

Running the car with the engine management light on means that if there is a problem with anything else I will not know about it.

Has anyone had this issue? By the way I had my DPF deleted about 4 months ago, not sure if this is related?

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.

A recent similar event on a friends diesel Jag prompted him to remove all 4 injectors and send them off for an ultrasound clean and reset. Worked out at £100 per injector.
Perhaps you need yours doing

OP
S

subzero

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250CDi Coupe Blue Efficiency
Thanks, I did consider having them cleaned. It's half the cost so I guess it's worth a try!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom