E300 Hybrid Fuel Economy Issues

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
MPG

I am getting around 45 mpg at moment and still have my winter wheels/tyres on.
I am getting electric propulsion quite regularly now along with start/stop.
The op seems to have an issue.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Average 55mpg

Trip to Cambridge and back yesterday averaged 55mpg mixture of A and B roads, still have my winter wheels/tyres on.
Not bad for a car this size and I was not trying to be economical.

Brooksie

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 Hybrid 2014
E300 Hybrid fuel economy

I have a 2014 Estate model which replaced an E250 saloon. I echo the comment about the advice from the Dealers about running the car for around 5000 miles before benefiting from the optimum fuel efficiency. This is just not true.
At around 25K, I have resigned to the fact that the MPG is less than for the E250.
I love the car and am now resigned to the fact that the benefit is in the added performance (when you need it) of the battery boosted additional BHP.
The niggle is that I'd probably have been better off with the E350 version which would have been less to buy and offer even better performance.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
These MPG Figures are a bit of shame, considering what they have inside them.

I would expect town driving figures to be better with the hybrid, if it can remain on battery power most of the time.

It does seem MB's implementation of this system seems to be suboptimal.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
These MPG Figures are a bit of shame, considering what they have inside them.

I would expect town driving figures to be better with the hybrid, if it can remain on battery power most of the time.

It does seem MB's implementation of this system seems to be suboptimal.

The electric motor only works to 20km/hr Alex and even then you have to have a feather touch on the accelerator pedal.
Where I found it made a big big difference was on long runs on A roads particularly when you could use the 'sailing' function/mode.
On that basis I was able to get over 60mpg regularly.
Day to day, mid 50's which was still not exactly bad.
My big winner with that car was the incredibly low BIK

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom