e300de Electric Range and Efficiency

neilobrien

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 e300de
Hi All,

I recently bought a 2021 e300de. Love it so far, but a bit confused by the Electric mpkWh reading from the MercedesMe app. It's telling me (from reset) that it's getting 14.8mpkWh, which would be great if it was true, but I think there's something up somewhere or I just don't fully understand how it's calculating it.

Just curious if this would include time where the car is coasting/regenerating but still in engine mode? I don't see how it would arrive at such a figure.

Incidentally, the full range on a full charge (again, as outlined in the app) keeps jumping up and down (34k one day, 30k the next). Is this based on previous usage and/or driving style?

Thanks,
Neil

dsharples

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E300 Hybrid AMG Estate; 3 Ancient Citroens and an Audi TTS!
Neil,
I'm sure you've worked this out by now (!), but having just purchased a 2019 E300de, It does appear that the Mercedes Me app uses a slightly hypothetical "equivalence-based" calculation based on all uses of the High-Voltage Battery. E.g. it calculates the equivalent "miles" that would have been consumed by air-conditioning, entertainment systems, lighting. If you drive a journey that uses the Diesel engine for a significant period, where the HV battery is providing the ancillary power, it can give a rather large range 54mpkWh or something, whereas if you drive in pure electric mode for a shorter journey, the figures are a more realistic 1.8-2.8mpkWh.
Dave.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom