E300dh Hybrid

Brizzle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 AMG Night Edition Bluetec Auto Estate (Feb 2016)
Hi folks, wow! it's been a long time since I poked my nose in here.

I'm looking to replace my 2009 C Class estate and have my eye on a 2014 E300dh estate with 160,000(ish) miles on the clock. From the pictures I have been sent it looks pretty nice inside and out but I wondered if there are any known faults I should be looking out for when I go to view it?

Also, MB's literature is a bit vague (or I am) about whether or not this car is self-charging or if it needs a charger at home. Does anyone know the definitive answer to that?

Thanks in advance
Steve

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I would run a 1000 miles from an early Mercedes hybrid. I’m surprised it’s lasted this far - or perhaps it hasn’t so it’s being sold?

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Just to clarify my rather blunt initial comment: Mercedes rushed their hybrid products to market and they were very unreliable in the early years. There are a lot of reports on this forum about problems with the drive train, batteries, etc and, as Malcolm says, repair costs can be eye-watering.

On your other question, I’m pretty certain it would be self charging for a car of this era. I don’t think plug-in came until much later,

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That era has seen many owners taking to the tabloids, being faced with circa £15k repair bills and leaving owners no choice but to scrap them.

I wouldn’t even touch a modern hybrid as they are too complex, just more to go wrong in addition to all the other crap modern engineering.

A Lexus hybrid on the other hand is the complete opposite!

OP
Brizzle

Brizzle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 AMG Night Edition Bluetec Auto Estate (Feb 2016)
Thanks for all the comments. I didn't find this forum until after I'd posted my question or I may not have bothered to ask :eek:

Points well taken and I think I'll stick with a good old diesel :) Back to the search ;)

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for all the comments. I didn't find this forum until after I'd posted my question or I may not have bothered to ask :eek:

Points well taken and I think I'll stick with a good old diesel :) Back to the search ;)

Old is gold. The current plethora of cars are designed to be scrapped and certainly won’t be running in years to come.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Old is gold. The current plethora of cars are designed to be scrapped and certainly won’t be running in years to come.

Yep, the new generation of touch screen control systems aren’t a place I want to go to the link says it all:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
That era has seen many owners taking to the tabloids, being faced with circa £15k repair bills and leaving owners no choice but to scrap them.

I wouldn’t even touch a modern hybrid as they are too complex, just more to go wrong in addition to all the other crap modern engineering.

A Lexus hybrid on the other hand is the complete opposite!

+1 on that, buy something you have a chance of fixing yourself!!!!! That u won't and ur just going to be a benz cash cow.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom