E320 cdi auxillary AC fans

wingco

Reaction score
I have just bought an E320 cdi year 2000 with AC. The left hand (as you look from the front of the car) auxillary AC fan does not rotate (when the right hand one is running). I have discovered it is belt driven form the electric fan on the right. I have ordered the belt. Has anyone replaced one of these, and is it difficult?

Many thanks for your help.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300TD/1998/3.0 Diesel
Hi

I replaced my belt a few weeks ago, it cost around £8 from dealer. You remove the 2 bolts out of the slam panel at each side and a bracket that goes onto the slam panel, think u slacken the horn to get at one of the bolts. remove the electric connection on top right behind a plastic cover and then the whole assembly tips forward and lifts up and out.

Quite straight forward to do nothing too taxing really.

Good luck

OP
W

wingco

Reaction score
Job Done

Thanks Malcolm and 230K.

Put the new belt on this afternoon, and just as you said really easy. Looking at it I was expecting to have to fight it a bit more to dismantle everything, but for a change someone thought about it when they designed it - what a pleasant surprise.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom