1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E320 parking brake

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering & Brakes' started by aikmanmosquito, Dec 17, 2012.

1. aikmanmosquito

aikmanmosquito Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    E320
    Hi, i'm new to the Mercedes forum as this is my first one. If you don't mind I have a couple of questions. Firstly the car has failed its mot on parking brake, now during mot readings were poor then cable snapped! (pedal goes to floor with no resistance) Now my question is this. Is cable change a pain? I was going to do them all then check shoes and mechanism. Is there a diagram anywhere of system as Haynes don't do a manual. I've read that on some Mercedes models cables are located partly inside vehicle?

2. anyweb

anyweb Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    c238,w120 (diesel)
    you need to specify the year model of your car or the first few digits of the model VIN number

eg: is it W210 or W211 ?

3. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    I think it will be a 210,,,, can you please check to see if it is the front cable or the rear one that has broken, I can print off the instructions and explain how you adjust the rear shoes and set it all up

4. OP
    aikmanmosquito

Your Mercedes:
    E320
    Thankyou for your reply.The first digits are WDB210, if there's anything else I need to give you please let me know. The car is a 51 plate.

5. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    If you are going to do it yours self I need to know if the front or rear cable that has snapped

6. OP
    aikmanmosquito

Your Mercedes:
    E320
    Im not sure yet, but I was planning on replacing all the cables. also depending on the condition of the rear discs, I was planning on replacing them.

7. OP
    aikmanmosquito

Your Mercedes:
    E320
    If you could me down for doing front and rear. Basically rear brakes are binding on after footbrake release, previous owner admits very rarely used it. adjuster mech. prob will be siezed but also recon cables will be also, now one has broken, so maybe easier to replace all.