E350 2014 Rapid Indicator Flashing

Matt Schubert

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2014 w212
Hi everyone. Yet another fault with my car that i could use some help with if possible. Occasionally, when it’s wet outside, my indicators would continue to flash when I locked the car. I’ve read through this forum and thought I understood the problem to be the alarm siren batteries being dead. So I took the siren out at the weekend, and it was indeed very wet, the plug corroded beyond repair, and taking it out completely stopped the indicators flashing when locking the car. Because the wires broke off the plug owing to corrosion, I sealed the ends up with some rubber silicone. Then last night I locked the car and bang, the indicators were flashing again! I can stop the indicators flashing by pressing the lock button again but it’s now obvious I may have another fault somewhere. The car is going in the garage tomorrow for the aircon leak investigation and I could get them to plug the diagnostics in but any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Its usually the control module in the wheel well that dies and needs replacing. Obv the connections need reworking too.

OP
Matt Schubert

Matt Schubert

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2014 w212
Its usually the control module in the wheel well that dies and needs replacing. Obv the connections need reworking too.

Is this the same thing as the siren I’ve just removed?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom