Electric door switch controlling driver's seat adjustment.

spiro

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1991 MB 300 SL Auto and I've just ordered a new door switch for it from MB costing £237.60. The current switch is not operating the forward and backward adjustment of the driver's seat. Is this an easy switch to replace? There's a tortoiseshell type facia covering the switch, but I do not want to break anything and I'm thinking it would be easier and safer for the MB garage to change it. Can anyone please advise me on the way to procede?

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Hi,
I presume that you have had a look at the wiring, door and seat and checked for voltage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
S

spiro

Reaction score
Hi, Wearsafoxhat

The Mercedes garage told me that my old switch was on it's last legs when they freed the frozen driver's seat which was seized solid and had the switch working so I was able to adjust the position of the seat forwards and backwards. Unfortunately, the switch has now stopped moving the seat forwards or backwards, but the head rest can still be adjusted so I assume the power circuit to the switch is still working. The switch is around 30 years old, in a 1991 car. I have checked the fuses and none are blown.

Last edited:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom