Electric Headrests and Heated Seat Unit gone

airbag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 2010
Hello, would anyone know what is involved with replacing the lower heated seat electrical element in a S203 leather drivers seat?

Also the same seat has a broken electrical adjusting headrest. Is this a built in motor to the seat unit?

Many thanks for your assistance.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The element pad is sewn into the leather covering,, a wire could be broken that goes to the heating pad, only by removing the trim can the fault be found. the fault may also be bad connections in the multi plug under the seat affecting both faults

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Hello, would anyone know what is involved with replacing the lower heated seat electrical element in a S203 leather drivers seat?

Also the same seat has a broken electrical adjusting headrest. Is this a built in motor to the seat unit?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Electricals are not my forte ... but what you need to do, is take out the faulty heating element, and replace with a new one !!

OP
A

airbag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 2010
Nice one Malcolm. ,Thanks for that.

BTW: 37,750 posts..... do you ever sleep?

OP
A

airbag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 2010
It could be that multi plug you know.
My top element works ok tho, so its why I assumed that the lower one had gone.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
it could be that only some of the multiplug isnt connecting properly, through dirt or mild corrosion etc as happens with electrical connectors from time to time. doesnt mean everything to do with the connector will all fail

OP
A

airbag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 2010
ok, Malcolm... guys.. I owe you a beer!

I went and had a tweak with those connectors... now I have a headrest which works!
I have given that a squirt of electrical lube... seems to have helped. The lower seat element still seems jiggered, but I am one step closer to another issue closed from your help thanks.

So when we all gonna meet up and drive down the M6 in convoy?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ok, Malcolm... guys.. I owe you a beer!

I went and had a tweak with those connectors... now I have a headrest which works!
I have given that a squirt of electrical lube... seems to have helped. The lower seat element still seems jiggered, but I am one step closer to another issue closed from your help thanks.

So when we all gonna meet up and drive down the M6 in convoy?

I may have time to print off the seat removal and squab details if you would like them

OP
A

airbag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 2010
If you think its a job which is do-able at home.. then I sure would be keen to try. Heated seats are so underrated!. They are a godsend on a winters day!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you think its a job which is do-able at home.. then I sure would be keen to try. Heated seats are so underrated!. They are a godsend on a winters day!

Wait till I come back please and I will have more time to guide you through it, I am only away 2 weeks

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
On the C32, the heating elements often fail, and cannot be removed from the cover, as someone has pointed out. It is possible though to slip in another heating element from a more mainstream C class, and leave the faulty one in place.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom