Electric window problems

Wemmie

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 2015 3.5
I had to have my windscreen replaced today, and when I collected my e400 2015, the windows on the driver and passenger side wouldn’t close. I could manually close them, then they’d open again. Did a window reset on both, and this seems to have broadly fixed the passenger side, but not the driver side. Compounding this issue, mine is a cabrio so the windows always go down a little to open or close the door, then readjust to their fully up position once closed. Neither side is doing that. The company who did it have also dropped something (I think) down the air intake for the conditioning causing a blockage and scratched the bonnet. It’s been a long day! Any suggestions please on fixing the windows? It’s constantly raining and I’m going to have all sorts of water damage if I can’t get it sorted. I have just purchased a cover from Halfords (to stop the rain) but I can’t drive or use it when raining now. Any and all ideas vvvv welcome! Thank you!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Don't think I can really help, but one suggestion would be to disconnect the battery for about 10 seconds. Reconnect and try resetting the windows again.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Welcome and sorry to hear about your problems. The window reset should work. Make sure you continue to hold the button down for at least five seconds after it stops and similarly when it reaches the top again. Make sure the roof is properly closed and that the doors are closed when you do it. Beyond that, I’m out of ideas but it may be possible to reset it on Star (main dealer or good Indie) but others might know about that,

Hope you get it sorted soon - it seems the rain is never going to stop :(

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom