Engine Sighs

delock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350
I have an unusual problem with my SL 350. After switching off at the end of a journey a wheezy whistle lasting about 3 seconds eminates from the front nearside of the engine about every 30 seconds but interval increases as the engine cools down. Only 3000 odd miles on the clock- nothing dripping on the floor. Even with head under bonnet cannot pin point it. Any ideas please?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome,,this could be the Aux pump fitted on top of the engine,, not had the much experience on that new engine yet

Dave's E55 AMG

Reaction score
Mine signs when I turn off the engine it's the suspension releasing air and the car lowers on it's springs. I have the ride height on comfort mode or it's just glad to see me get put the car!!

Oh and hello and welcome

Last edited:
OP
D

delock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350
Hi many thanks everyone, sorry for the delay. Had accidentally put the thread on another site. Apparently the R290 is quiet but the 230 talks to itself after shutdown!

bluew126

New Registration
Reaction score
I have an unusual problem with my SL 350. After switching off at the end of a journey a wheezy whistle lasting about 3 seconds eminates from the front nearside of the engine about every 30 seconds but interval increases as the engine cools down. Only 3000 odd miles on the clock- nothing dripping on the floor. Even with head under bonnet cannot pin point it. Any ideas please?

Asthma? How hard do you drive her?

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom