Error code, P244A7A Pressure differential of DPF too low

Tim Wicks

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 116 CDI Dualiner 639/A
My engine management light has been popping on and off for months now. No pattern too it either. It can be on for a 10 minute drive and off the next time i start the vehicle and vice versa. It can drop the van into limited revs and then literally u can stop at traffic lights turn the engine off and restart the inginition and it will drive fine.

No warnings are coming up for a dpf regen, in the past it did require a reflash and forced regen but then ran fine.

I have had the error codes read and it come up with a historic P244A7a
State: Historic
The pressure differential in the DPF (cylinder bank 1) is too low. Leakage or a defective seal was detected.

Any advice would be much appreciated, and any idea of what sort of cost im looking at to correct it?

Thanks

Tim

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Looks like a possible leak in the exhaust system. The only other time you get this is when the DPF has been gutted.

Pcurtis64

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2012 c220
My engine management light has been popping on and off for months now. No pattern too it either. It can be on for a 10 minute drive and off the next time i start the vehicle and vice versa. It can drop the van into limited revs and then literally u can stop at traffic lights turn the engine off and restart the inginition and it will drive fine.

No warnings are coming up for a dpf regen, in the past it did require a reflash and forced regen but then ran fine.

I have had the error codes read and it come up with a historic P244A7a
State: Historic
The pressure differential in the DPF (cylinder bank 1) is too low. Leakage or a defective seal was detected.

Any advice would be much appreciated, and any idea of what sort of cost im looking at to correct it?

Thanks

Tim
Hi Tim did you manage to get it sorted got the same code on my c220 but eml staying on any pointers will be much appreciated
Thanks
Paul

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom