ESP problems

4254michael

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes clk 320 cabriolet
What does it mean when the ESP warning light come on & I loose power on my w208 clk 320

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
It means you're spinning your wheels...slow down a bit.

OP

4254michael

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you for your reply,I havnt been wheel spinning it happened to me the other day when I was pulling out of a junction the warning light came on it lost power,i had to pull up turn the engine off & restart its been ok since,what could it be & how much could it cost me

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I would say you have a lateral acceleration sensor fault. ESP is governed by a variety of sensors so its knows the cars speed, steering angle, slip angle and what is being governed by your right foot!

I would guess that this sensor is faulty causing a severe difference in road speed to lateral speed and the ECU cannot determine what is correct.

You need to get it on STAR to read the fault memory and see what is stored.

OP

4254michael

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thankyou for your help

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom