ESP warning. Simple question

muzbaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Estate 2.1L
Hi,
My ESP warning light is on saying consult manual, if I turn full left lock, no change, if I turn full right lock it changes to ESP faulty visit work shop.
It flags as N49, steering angle sensor faulty.

My main question is,, will this put the car into limp home mode???

Thank you in advance for your input,,,

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Interesting mine has flash ESP warnings at me maybe last 3 out of 6 engine starts but goes away after a minute or so... I am working on the basis it wants to show me every warning light it can just to scare the crap out of me... I think I am right to ignore it for now....

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Hi,
My ESP warning light is on saying consult manual, if I turn full left lock, no change, if I turn full right lock it changes to ESP faulty visit work shop.
It flags as N49, steering angle sensor faulty.

My main question is,, will this put the car into limp home mode???

Thank you in advance for your input,,,

The answer to your main question is no

OP
M

muzbaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Estate 2.1L
The answer to your main question is no

Thanks for that WG,,
I think I will get the the column sensor replaced next as it has to be done, then look at the next possibilities causing limp home mode,,
After having the EGR replaced and an earth connection (that was loose) cleaned and tightened, 1 earth for 5 units, EGER MAF Throttle body turbo waist gate control unit and something else rely on this earth,,
i've been advised a new turbo is required as the electronic waste gate control is at fault, but nothing flags on star pointing to the turbo at all,,

Anyways,, I'm rambling, I'll get there, I'll just keep robbing the Christmas Tin! :|

Top Bottom