Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.eurocarparts.com
Your Mercedes
BMW 2006 330d
Hi Malcolm

my view is that if you are not offering OEM quality the whole thing is counter productive.

Not sure what that means, we are the UKs largest distributor of BOSCH, we distribute original brands such as Lemforder,Pagid, ATE, Textar, SACHS, LUK, VALEO - Infact i think its safe to say we stock more Original Quality parts than any other car parts supplier in the UK - (dare I say, if you add up the top 3 - we might stock more than those combined!)

We normally offer at least 2 qualities for each item, and these are almost always mentioned online in respect of the BRAND you are purchasing. Occasionally we may only list a replacement quality unit for some parts, sometimes the original supplier no longer produces the unit (but we continue to get the replacement one made for us) or sometimes they are just not popular enough to warrant 2 qualities, however your safe in the knowledge that all parts come with a minimum 12 month guarantee.

If you want an original quality part, you will go for the likes of Bosch, Fram, Hengst, Pagid, Lemforder, Sachs or LUK - These may or may not have the supplier part number stamped on the unit

If you want a Replacement Quality (value part), we have these options with the likes of Master Pro, Q-Drive or Eicher - These are our own brands, and as such a part number on the product wouldn't assist the customer (your correct about the warehouse side of things, as im sure products do get lost at some point, however not enough to warrant the product team to get them stamped as such.

We are very clear and open about our brands, and want customers to have a choice in brand, type and quality. (on the very rare occasion the brands may differ however the quality never changes - if you order a Hengst filter, we may of infilled with BOSCH or a equal 'original quality' brand)

Pat

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I know this subject has been talked about many times, I also know the indies use OE parts as they say they do.

Just take drop links, ball joints swivels etc, the OE ones on a MB they do not last long, so no real quality at all with them as they wear out so fast. My V70R at 80k is still perfect and as new on all those components, so it can be done, OK they cost double the MB price, but there is the labour cost in fitting the things, and this is much higher than the price difference.

Yes if you fit non OE track rod ends, tracking should be done, but that is not a bad idea anyway when a car is a few years old and a few pot holes and kerbs have been hit.

I do not know if a non OE window lift is ½ as good at ½ the price of an original.

JeremyTucker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500/S430
I am not quite sure why there appears to be controversy surrounding carparts4less. Its fairly clear why they are cheaper despite selling the same products and them arriving in the same ECP branded packaging:

- No branch presence to pay for.
- Virtually no CS.

duncanh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 520d SE F10, formerly c220cdi estate (for 12.5 years and 345k miles), before that w124 and w210
I have just bought a clutch cable for my daughter's car.

It is cheaper from ECP with the forum discount than from carparts4less.

Thank you Eurocarparts, you provide an excellent service and still work out cheaper (for forum members and others) than from your internet-only sister company.

Top Bottom