European cover for older Mercs - Where to obtain cover for E

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJMaxson

Reaction score
Website
www.maxson.org.uk
I was wondering if anyone knows of any companies offering European breakdown cover for my 1986 Mercedes 230TE Auto Estate.  I have been quoted a £90 supplement by the RAC (on top of my annual European membership fee of £250 or so!).  The travel agent and tour company won't touch the car, as it falls outside their age limits (even with supplements).

All assistance gratefully received!

Very many thanks,

Steven Maxson
Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire

Anonymous

Reaction score
European cover for older Mercs

Steven,
You are verging on "Classic car status" I know that some Clubs have European Runs & have researched such cover at realistic rates.
I would suggest you try Honest John on www.Honestjohn.co.uk & search archives(thoroughly) first.If this fails post a query on his Back Room forum,if this fails E/Mail him direct at the address given on the  
website.
I must say I am shocked at the 250 pound RAC membership,what on earth do you get for that???
regards
Ernest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom