Everyone Should Watch This

alc250d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w202 c250d
it is worse than that. Even if there was the political will to make a serious attack on driving standards (and I regret to say there is not - or at least not one that will achieve much), it would be a serious challenge to retrain those who show no evidence of ever having been trained or competent in the first place!!!

Quite true. google =western mail -news-pensioner to sue police.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Isn't that the point.
A mate of mine who argued the same point tried to press upon me the thousands who might lose their jobs.

Exactly. Get 'em off the roads !

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
If we go for the MOT early we have a month to remedy the fault/s.

A couple of years tolerance on retest / loss of privilege means we would all have opportunity to address any failings.

Safer for all.
If anything it must create more jobs, and worthwhile ones at that.

camerontyler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220 CDI 51 Plate
Noticed a request earlier for a download of it.

Here's the proper youtube link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoE08BKvA2s

Put the youtube link in here : http://catchvideo.net/

Choose whatever format you want and download, no spyware to install like other sites just straight download.

I have downloaded it and converted it to .avi but am struggling to upload it as I am using mobile broadband until my router turns up from Sky. As soon as I get online with my broadband i'll host the .avi.

Cameron

occurs_to_me

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1976 W114 250 Manual, 2009 W212 E220 CDI Auto
Thanks for posting this.
A good wake-up call. Who knows whats around the next corner. Stay alert.

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
on a more positive note we together with Holland have the safest roads in the world, and the lowest casualty rates we have ever had. They would be even better but for the death rate amongst young male drivers and motorcyclists

mjohnson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230
just posted it on facebook more people see this the better if you ask me

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
Good viewing for all teenagers and the odd Audi driver!
Which reminds me. Mrs Dm went out for a run yesterday and saw a crashed car that appeared to have left the road on a bend, hit a ditch and small trees and spun round.

You can guess the make..

orbitalegg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W163 ML 320 1998
Great post , I really think such footage should be shown to new drivers and periodic safety campaigns should be as graphic.

The fact is no matter how good a driver you may be (or think you are) Remember THERE'S ALWAYS THE OTHER GUY !

3146bj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 B180CDI, 2008 Golf Pacific, 2013 VW Tiguan 103TDI
While this compilation is a damn good wake up call, be aware that some of the footage is actually driver awareness advertising (the very clear shots of right hand drive vehicles) produced and placed by the Victorian Transport Accident Commmission. This organisation is responsible for the compulsory third party accident insurance in the state of Victoria and has been producing shock/horror type advertisements for many years. Some of the ads produced have been severely criticised for their lack of honesty/scientific basis, particularly those showing pedestrianaccidents.

As I say, a good wake up, but don't take it all as gospel.

E320mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi sport 2007
A must watch for everyone, especially the first one! All life is precious but nothing more precious than a child. Some of the ad's have been filmed in Northern Ireland, I was on location for one of them, just amazing how they are done, but the end result speaks for itself!
We owe it to each other to look after one another on the road!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
After seeing this video i am totally speechless, i don't have courage to explain it in my words..

" Speed Thrills but Kills ..." and these words are true...

Welcome to the forum young man:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
It made me cry ....

God rest in peace all those souls ! No one deserves to die !

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Left me with an overwhelming sense of sadness :(

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
I wish people drove sensibly and not crawl along. Stuck behind one old guy yesterday who barely got above 20mph. It wasn't safe anywhere to pass for over 20 minutes. But because of his slow driving you could see other traffic taking advantage and pull out from everywhere.
But this is just what the paranoid car haters want. Everyone to crawl along at 5mph (red flag optional)

Yes lunatic irresponsible drivers should not be even on the road but neither should old farts who have lost their senses. They're a menace.

But accidents happen, people are killed, its life.
I dont see the point in watching faked up or real gory accidents, unless they were funny and dubbed by Harry Hill.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I wish people drove sensibly and not crawl along. Stuck behind one old guy yesterday who barely got above 20mph. It wasn't safe anywhere to pass for over 20 minutes. But because of his slow driving you could see other traffic taking advantage and pull out from everywhere.
But this is just what the paranoid car haters want. Everyone to crawl along at 5mph (red flag optional)

Yes lunatic irresponsible drivers should not be even on the road but neither should old farts who have lost their senses. They're a menace.

But accidents happen, people are killed, its life.
I don't see the point in watching faked up or real gory accidents, unless they were funny and dubbed by Harry Hill.

Sadly, you have just described an everyday event which happens all over the country when "motorists" come up behind slower moving traffic - usually cyclists or horses.

The impatient "motorist" can not wait for an opportunity to pass safely, so can often be found overtaking on the apex of a blind corner (or summit, or both) on the wrong side of the double white lines and in pole position for a head on (or possibly offset) collision with an innocent motorist coming in the other direction.

It terrifies me. But they have licenses, they are among us, they drive, they vote and they breed!

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Well cyclists or horses tend not to be able to travel much faster and drive at a normal speed. That is acceptable and quite understandable. Few would lose patience at such a fellow road user and nor should they. You also rarely get stuck behind either for very long.

But those ' lunatics' you describe who need to over-take generaly do so only because they need to make progress. Not all of them do so wisely or with any skill instead testing the theory by Darwin. Bust Just needing to do so doesnt make you a lunatic.

Im often amused by the old farts in shops and post offices. Where having retired with a nice final salary,
they can take life easy and spend the day chatting. And why many drive along watching the world go by and stick two fingers up to the the rest of us have to work still while there is time left to make a difference.

Top Bottom