Extra 12v Sockets

RaviW203

Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone guide me how to install extra 12v sockets to power my gadgets in the car, I have looked at the aftermarket socket extensions / multipliers but none are neat enough and all use the existing cigarrete lighter socket. Is there any other way I could power the additional sockets? Does MB sell additional sockets? My DIY skills are medium.

Ravi

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi and welcome to the forum, where do you want to install them, and what are they for

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi & Welcome,

I added some sockets in the rear by the centre console, quite easy really as the battery was under the rear seat. CPC are cheap for the sockets, just make sure you put a fuse (10amp) in line with the new sockets.

OP
R

RaviW203

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the reply, i need the sockets to run a mobile charger, sat nav, ipod charger and some times a laptop. once in a while if my wife's in the car too then she's got a mobile charger as well, specially on long journeys which i do a lot. i wish to place 2 under the steering wheel column so can be easily accessed while driving and 2 near the centre console or maybe inside the centre storage compartment. Where can i source these sockets and how do i connect them, i don't think the C class saloons battery is under the rear seat.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
i wish to place 2 under the steering wheel column so can be easily accessed while driving
Hmm, do you really want to be reaching under the steering wheel and plugging things in whilst driving? I wouldn't recommended that and the police may wish to have a few words with you if they see you. I would also not put any in the drivers area as you don't want trailing wires anywhere near the controls.
As per above I fitted two additional ones in the rear on the centre console and also had two additional ones on the transmission tunnel on the passenger side. Again as per above I sourced mine from CPC I expect Halfords or Maplins will also supply them.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
From a safety point of view,nothing sharp should be under the dash, either side of the car.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom