1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fault code B1115 - Rear Window Defroster

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Kylinski, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Kylinski

Kylinski Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SLK R170 230 (2001)
    Hi

I have posted a previous thread regarding my rear window defroster not working.

When my car came back from garage after being on STAR with numerous fault codes, I noticed this one

B1115 - component pushbutton for rear window defroster is operated for more than 25 s or cable has . . . . (then there is a symbol like goal posts with cross bar broken followed by) +

Any ideas what this means?

2. Miffy

Miffy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
    operated for more than 25 seconds could mean there is a short to live in the switch ?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  3. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    The usual arrangement is the button only actives the control unit, if the switch as not made contact with the heated rear window circuit the led will flash a few times and go out, when the button has made contact with the control unit the button led will stay lit for the 15 mins duration. If the led is staying on then as above contact has been made and the relay control is OK, the next step is to check in the rear at the window or additional relay in the rear where fitted

4. OP
    Kylinski

Kylinski Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SLK R170 230 (2001)
    The light is staying on so it's either the relay at the rear or a break in the element in the screen. Me finks it's the latter :(