Fault code readers etc

Robbostanhill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 Estate 2003 and *Her* C220 W203
Evenin all,

Having purchased an EOBD/OBD2 reader unit I was able to check for any codes in the beast. Covers various makes and models of vehicles from 1999 onward. Has proved invaluable on other cars for friends as well.
None apparent on mine, so pleased.

Question is which type of reader would I use to determine the reason for the SRS light staying on as last time I went to have it looked at by an "enthusiast" it cost me £40 and proved nothing as no communication was available to the system for checking the fault codes withing the SRS side. :mad:

I have replaced the blown fuse covering the airbag warning side, checked the seat connector (All seems well although didn't check the connection by bridging past it) and now wonder where else to check. (Wonder if that was why the "genuine" software being used couldn't see the problem)

Local Indy (Bexleyheath) wasn't very helpful and seemed amazingly put out and abrupt that I should ask for him to plug in just to let me know where the fault lay even if I was paying !

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom