Finally got my heater matrix back flushed

barnaclebill15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk220cdi/2006/diesel
For the last three years I have suffered with poor heat in the cabin in the winter, research on here pointed to a blocked matrix. Last summer I got ready to do the job, bought antifreeze and trolly jack but wife's illness interupted the job so I decided to to my indie to do the job, now have full heat and only cost £90.00. Indie said somthing like plastic pieces came out. Actually looking forward to some cold weather.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
For the last three years I have suffered with poor heat in the cabin in the winter, research on here pointed to a blocked matrix. Last summer I got ready to do the job, bought antifreeze and trolly jack but wife's illness interupted the job so I decided to to my indie to do the job, now have full heat and only cost £90.00. Indie said somthing like plastic pieces came out. Actually looking forward to some cold weather.
I hope that by now, your wife's illness is a thing of the past and your matrix is working fine. But if you had gone ahead with doing it yourself, how did you plan on doing it? Just in case I ever have to do it myself

OP
barnaclebill15

barnaclebill15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk220cdi/2006/diesel
Looked on youtube found a one for draining the coolant, used trolly jack on front engine lifting point then realised my mistake. Plastic under tray would not come down with jack there, needed two ramps for clear access, that stopped the job, had already bought the antifreeze from Grangemouth.
I was going to take off one hose at the bulkhead and one at the diesel heater thing fit a garden hose and backflush then renew the coolant, also did not fanct opening those fancy hose clips that are on there. Better to let my indie do it.

Top Bottom