First time mercedes owner

harnick89

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes A class A180D sport 1.5 diesel manual 2017
Hello

i just have a few enquiries with regards to my new mercedes i recently got.

It is a mercedes a180d sport 1.5 diesel (2017)

Firstly, the 'range consumption' which shows how many miles left until empty. How accurate is this? I've seen it drop on occasion something ridiculous such as 10/15 miles with hardly moving in the car.

Also, this is my first diesel i have had, for the best economic results on the mileage what would you say is the best way to drive the car? quick gear change/high revs per gear etc.

The different drive modes it has, what are the differences between them and apart from the obvious (eco mode) which would you recommend?

Finally, the speakers in the car itself, is there any way of fiddling with the volume levels etc, it seems to be on the quiet side compared to my previous car.

Thanks

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome
The range thing is always just a guide, any car I've had it's always changing - bear in mind it's calculating and recalculating due to speed, throttle etc
On that subject the best economy will be eco/comfort mode of course but depending on the car the savings might be marginal.
It's a matter of experimentation I'm afraid to find what best suits you and gives the best compromise

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
On my 2010 car, the range consumption seems to base its estimate on the last few miles. So, on a cold start in traffic, it looks as though I won't have enough fuel to get to the end of the journey. However, after a mile or two at a steady, consistent speed, it might show a range of 600 miles which isn't never going to happen. It just assumes that the current driving style and environment will continue for the rest of the day.

Once you get used to these little foibles and learn to ignore the ridiculous results, I would say it is a useful guide.

On my car, you can access some additional sound options - if I recall it is pressing the [red phone (hang-up)] + [7 key] + [9 key] at the same time and the extra menu will appear. Don't know whether that will work on your system but others may be able to help.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

OP
H

harnick89

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes A class A180D sport 1.5 diesel manual 2017
Thanks for the advice and the warm welcome.

i've only had it a few weeks so i'll have to have a play around with it.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom