Flasher Relay Location Slk

leginp

Reaction score
Has anyone any idea of the location of the flasher relay on my wifes 98 230 slk. The indicators light up, but don't flash. I've checked behind the instrument cluster but no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
Under the bonnet where the diagnostic socket is.

It also controls the roof and is a bit more than a relay.

OP
L

leginp

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, i'll have a look tomorrow, but from what you say it will be a bit more involved.

slkgolfer

Reaction score
SLK flasher unit

Hi leginp

Did you solve your flasher problem on your SLK?

I have exactly the same problem, the indicators light up up but do not flash.

Did you just replace the relay/flaher unit or was it more complicated?

Thanks.......Ken

tl99999

Reaction score
Hi Ken,

I've recently replaced the flasher relay in my SLK's CCM/Multifunction Module as the contacts had stuck closed. It's not an easy job though - one person to heat the relay with a hot air solder station and another person to heat the pins on the other side of the circuit board with a 80W wide tipped soldering iron. It's easy to damage the printed circuit board. The relay seems to be a common failure. If there is enough demand I may be able to supply new relays or provide a relay replacement service.

Regards,

Tony

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi Ken,

I've recently replaced the flasher relay in my SLK's CCM/Multifunction Module as the contacts had stuck closed. It's not an easy job though - one person to heat the relay with a hot air solder station and another person to heat the pins on the other side of the circuit board with a 80W wide tipped soldering iron. It's easy to damage the printed circuit board. The relay seems to be a common failure. If there is enough demand I may be able to supply new relays or provide a relay replacement service.

Regards,

Tony

Hello Tony and welcome, we normally apply new solder to the joint before sucking up, its much easier.

It could be a little side line for you doing this

mikedav001

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi - I've got the same indicator problem on my wife's SLK. Lights flash with the remote locking but stay on unblinking with both indicators and hazard. (Roof works fine, which might have been another symptom if I'm reading the threads correctly). I've taken the cover off the CCM box. Is the fix likely to be replacing the relay? Which of the panels is the relay on? (there seems to be 3 or 4 removable vertical panels in the CCM box with lots of cabling) Could cleaning the contacts be a decent solution? Worst case...does anyone have a realy I could buy! Cheers. Mike

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There are 4 relays in the box, I did have them in stock, and i will check, it is only the one that has gone or needs the contacts cleaned

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom