Flat battery ?.CLS

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Take the seat out!!!

I knew it was under it! I never dreamt the seat would have to come out though. :shock::shock::shock: I bet that's nice and light!

I'm high jacking the thread so will desist! :Oops: :Oops: :Oops:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you do not know the difference between an R class and a 219 there is not much hope

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I knew it was under it! I never dreamt the seat would have to come out though. :shock::shock::shock: I bet that's nice and light!

It will come out without removing but boy, is it a work up!!!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
If you do not know the difference between an R class and a 219 there is not much hope

:Oops: :Oops: I was merely commenting on battery positions & even knowing where it was, doesn't necessarily make it easy to be removed. ;);)

OP
peterwhayward

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4

Yes go and desist on yer own thread.;)

OP
peterwhayward

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Panic over......Pheew. Blade key unlocked the boot no problem. 5 minutes later car started, took it for a nice 60 mile drive just so it will start in the morning.

Would like to give the battery a proper charge tomorrow so advice please..................do I need to disconnect both battery terminals before charging and if I do does anything have to be reset after reconnecting it.?

Wifey has been out in my old faithfull E240 in the meantime and bought me some chocolate eclairs to go with a nice hot cup of Yorkshire tea. So I am again a happy bunny.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Panic over......Pheew. Blade key unlocked the boot no problem. 5 minutes later car started, took it for a nice 60 mile drive just so it will start in the morning.
Result! :)

Would like to give the battery a proper charge tomorrow so advice please..................do I need to disconnect both battery terminals before charging and if I do does anything have to be reset after reconnecting it.?
I never do, just connect a CTek type charger across the battery.

has been out in my old faithfull E240 in the meantime and bought me some chocolate eclairs to go with a nice hot cup of Yorkshire tea. So I am again a happy bunny.
Should be a cup of coffee with an eclair. :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You do not have to disconnect anything to re charge the main battery, you can charge it quite happily at 5 amps for a few hours.

OP
peterwhayward

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You do not have to disconnect anything to re charge the main battery, you can charge it quite happily at 5 amps for a few hours.

Thanks Malcolm. Amazing how dumb I can be sometimes. I know full well that i should have tested the boot lock with the blade key as soon as i got the car, but i didnt.
Talking to the RAC man (and boy did he talk), he says thats the first CLS he's ever been to so I'm feeling quite good about that. Going to drop Gill off to work in a minute then come back home and give it a nice charge.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom