For the Motor Trade

sigman

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed a dowturn in trade since the Hoo Ha over the petrol increases , we slowed to a trickle the last couple of weeks and this seems to be over a wide area of Merseyside seems like it's having a knock on effect in peoples spending habits in general , Or is it just us tight Scousers ;)

T

TonyE300D

Not specifically relevant to the motor trade, but the Highways Agency and RAC are reporting a small but significant drop in traffic.

I have noticed that most of my usual congestion spots are now flowing freely.

People have less money to spend thanks to high household inflation, stealth taxes and the escalating price of all kinds of energy. It would be surprising if the tightening of credit wasn't also having an effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
There is a general downturn in the car market, just look at the number of dealers closing down. People arent buying simply becuse they have in general used up the equity in their houses, maxed out their credit cards and it is nigh on impossible to get finance or a remortgage simply cos the banks are squirming and waiting for the real crunch to hit..just look how many big name banks are looking for extra cash from shareholders.. And gordon the goofer didnt help by increasing fuel duty and VED,, who in their right mind would buy a 4X4 at the moment ..or anything over 1600cc..and also the biggest factor is the pitiful amount that people are being offered for their trade ins..I was talking to a van sales person recently and asked if he was selling vans..'yes' was his reply but most ppl were wanting to trade in newer vans and buy the older vans .. so car sales in reverse

dave.robbo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 SLK 350 R171
The annoying thing in all this, is that it's EXACTLY what the government want us to do! Reduce the use of the motor vehicle! Trouble is.... Now they know at what point we WILL actually reduce our usage! Voluntarily.

I actually recently bought my C200 to save me money in fuel. I used to have a LandCruiser, and I do a 70 mile round trip every day. Was costing me a fortune!

Still. On the plus side.... I got a Mercedes-Benz!!!

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom