G-wagon conversion.

Garryarnold

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300gd g wagon 320 clk
Lol yeah
I have just bought a very underpowered 300 g wagon 5 speed manual 5cyl 3.0 om617 w460 and it seriously lacking in power it has only done 61500 from new with it I was given a ray jay turbo kit with manifolds and various pipes (in a box not fitted)and can’t decide wether to spend the money on reconditioning the turbo and having the pump tweaked to get it to go better I know the differences between the 617 and 617 a engines so would think intercooler and I don’t want stupid power but anything over level roads and it dies it has literally only done 1500 miles a year for the last 17 years for the old owner I know they are not fast but this one is dire any tips would be appreciated many thanks

ps I have been offered a c250dt om 605 auto for scrap money and did wonder what gearbox this would fit with

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I would be doing a compression test on that if its so underpowered. There is not alot of weight on a G wagon and the 300 should provide ample power.

Is your turbo at fault and been diagosed as faulty.

Garryarnold

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300gd g wagon 320 clk
Turbo kit hasn’t been fitted it’s still in the box seems fuel related what should compression be roughly is slow on flat but uses less going uphill

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom