Garmin Map CoPilot sd card? Which one?

dc99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205
Hi

Hope this is the correct place to post this?

I see on ebay that I can get a V12 SD card (2019 maps) ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163923385541?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)
There are a number of them on ebay- and say that it is compatible with the C class S205 that i'm about to get delivered (2-16 year)
Or I can get a V13 SD card for 2019-2020 maps (https://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-Genuine...248857?hash=item23b8adbb99:g:ps0AAOSwGYZdwNDH) that does not list my car as compatible.
I presume that the CS cards also update the navigation software as well as the map data?

I have the VIN number for the car and it does have Garmin Map Pilot in the NTG5 Audio 20 that is in my car). (ref 522 for the Audio 20 in the list for my VIN and ref 357 says SD card navigation).
The vendor of the V13 says I need the V12, but apart from a part number on each and other numbers they look the same SD card?

Is there a way of looking up the compatibility of the cards on an Official (or unofficial) MB parts list on the web? So could check compatibility for the v13?

I do see else where on MB shop - that I can insert my SD card into a computer and run a downloaded MB program to get up to date maps (seems to be only within 60 days of first use of the SD card?)

BUT it will not update the navigation software, just the map data. - do i really need to update the navigation software (not the maps) ??

Thanks for help.

Liam

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I’m not really familiar with the Garmin system but I assume V13 is just a later version of V12. I believe it is a standard system no matter which model car it’s used in. I think, also, you can still download updated maps but you have to pay if it’s after to 60 day free period.

Why not just wait until you get the car, check what version maps it has and then download to the SD card in the car if you need to update them? Also, be careful about buying from Ebay in case they are not genuine cards.

Presumably this is the Mercedes shop site you mention:
https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/en-gb/collection/sd-card-navigation

OP
dc99

dc99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205
HI, Thanks for the reply,
Thats what i also thought that v12 to v13 must be the same - just a newer version, i did ask the vendor and he said I needed the v12 version...

I do intent to wait till i get the car (hopefully this weekend) to check the card version in it.
The vendor also offers a 30 day returns (some of them anyway). And as per the MB web site you list - you have up to 60 days to update the maps (if not the software).

Also the cost of the cards on eBay are not Hugh to chance taking a punt on one...

It’s just if there was a specific resource that I could refer to prior to ordering one would take some of the guess work/chance out of the equation...

Thanks

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Having looked at those for sale on EBay, it does seem that V12 is the one for your C Class. V13 seems to be for a different group of cars which probably have the latest Mercedes systems. Yours, like mine, has what’s called NTG 5*2.

As you say, for the prices being asked, it might be worth a punt. Dealers want £99!

OP
dc99

dc99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205
Thanks - you answered another question i had - I had seen that there were NTG 3, 4.5, 5, 5E 5*1 and 5*2 - couldn't figure out which one mine might have.
As I haven't taken possession yet I can crawl around the display searching for info...

Thanks

PS - I see your in Hampshire? I worked in Sotton for 3 years, have some good friends still there. Really loved the place!

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
If you haven’t already done so, get the “Mercedes Guides” app (iOS and Android) and download the electronic manual for your car. Very easy to search and hours of reading if you want!

I’m not far from Soton - about 15 miles/30 minutes from the centre.

OP
dc99

dc99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205
Hi,
I have that app - very good reading for it :)

I can’t enter as vin number in it to restrict what is and in not on my in coming car?

I had a Flat on Briton st (just of the bottom of High St.) - worked in the “new” power station build in Marchwood across the river test :) Good times.

Top Bottom