GL Headlights - LHD/RHD

Mercgles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL/2006/420cdi
Hi Does anybody know if RHD headlights can be adjusted to be LHD OR do you need to replace the whole RHD headlight with a LHD headlight ?

Madtutle3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A250 / 2021
Depends on the age and technology of the vehicle. Older cars from at least the early 90s with any type of projector beam have fixed focused lenses specific to LHD or RHD. The newest cars with LED headlights can be programmed for either.

OP
M

Mercgles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL/2006/420cdi
Thank you for responding. I have called the dealer and they confirmed that my 2006 GL has Xenon lights and likely to be ones which can be re-configured to LHD but they want the car in to confirm.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Thank you for responding. I have called the dealer and they confirmed that my 2006 GL has Xenon lights and likely to be ones which can be re-configured to LHD but they want the car in to confirm.

your car will likely just have a shutter inside that masks the kick up to the left to produce a symmetrical ie flat beam so you can drive on the 'wrong side' of the road while on holiday, it does not make it a LHD head light

OP
M

Mercgles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL/2006/420cdi
Thanks for replying - so it sounds as if it just provides a temporary measure whilst on holiday as opposed to being acceptable from a Spanish ITV perspective when i export it to Spain ?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Thanks for replying - so it sounds as if it just provides a temporary measure whilst on holiday as opposed to being acceptable from a Spanish ITV perspective when i export it to Spain ?

I've never been in the situation, but it seems that some have 'got away' with it when they've exported their cars .. others haven't.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom