GLA panoramic roof surround, delamination/discolouration

sidewaze samm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'14 X156 GLA 250 4matic
Has anybody seen this before? The glass(plastic?) panel that is at the front of the roof, above the windscreen and ahead of the panoramic roof, is showing some marks.
They look like dirt on the car but the surface of the car panel is completely smooth and clean. I'm presuming it is due to some breakdown of materials on the underside of the roof panel, which is not metal and is probably transparent with a coloured coating on the underside;: I guess this is coming away.
I'll call into Mercedes but I doubt they will show any interest in a 2014 car even though it was bought as Approved Used, has full MB service history and is under Mercedes extended warranty and service plan.
If you have seen this on a GLA, please respond as it would be good to know before I visit Mercedes.
GLA roof panel.jpg

sausage

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
I have not seem this on a GLA, sorry, but I do have similar on the side panels of my panoramic roof which have faded and I imagine it is just UV damage. There are a few ways to refurb this, and one easy way seems to be to prep them and then wrap them in hard wearing vinyl.

OP
sidewaze samm

sidewaze samm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'14 X156 GLA 250 4matic
Obviously, the dealer was totally uninterested when I made enquiries.

But can anyone confirm this point for me?:
I was told that on cars with the panoramic roof, this section is actually part of the windscreen and therefore the whole screen and foreward roof section would need to be replaced costing megabucks.

I find it hard to believe this is the case and can find nothing online to support this; though can find diagrams and part numbers for just GLA windscreens.
If indeed it is one combined unit then maybe I should just hope for a rock to hit my windcreen and let insurance sort it!

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom