Going to fit a parrot mki9000

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Well after lots of searching and deciding on what to fit to me S211 I've gone for a parrot MKi9000. Should be delivered within a couple of days and hope I will be able to put it all together on my own. I will try an picture the process and report back but I'm really bad at write ups.

If anyone has any tips or experience in this area it will be great fully received.

Btw I've bought the extra cable from parrot that I need for integration to my audio 20 unit.

Total so far £50 for the unit and £23.75 for the extra cable, so doing well so far :D

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i fitted a parrot kit to my 203. the ends of the cables had been cut off so i bought new plugs and soldered them on. as i have audio10, the cable to integrate to the steering wheel controls was about £50+ IIRC so i didnt bother with it and just attached the screen to a brodit mount.

once you have the centre trim removed, to remove the radio, mine was pretty much plug and play, so i would imagine yours will be similar.

that and the multi socket adaptor i fitted to the wiring to power phone charger, parrot, tomtom, etc which was all done as 1 project, is the best mod ive carried out, from a drivers point of view. you will need an ignition feed and earth feed that ARENT from the radio IIRC. i attached a cig. lighter plug to mine, and fitted it into the multi adaptor i wired to the car Cig lighter socket in the centre console. everything is hidden away in the dash so apart from lengths of wire to plug into the necessary accessories, nothing is visible

SteveX

Reaction score
That's a pretty good price all together for the unit and interface. The MKI 9000 is a good little unit, although it can be a bit fiddly to get set up it has a great range (if I drove my wife’s car it would connect to her phone before even pulling off of the road onto our drive!) If you have the accessory cable, auxiliary and USB interface cables with it then that's even better (some S/H units do not come with this).

I've installed a 9000 in my wife’s car, it was a pretty straight forward plug and play solution as it came with a BMW wiring loom, however fitting the extended loom, associated connectors, blue box and everything else into the already cramped space behind the Mini centre console was not fun at all.

I have thought about installing one in my CLK, but having just re-wired the whole system, I had enough trouble just trying to put the original loom back in the minimal space at the back of the head unit and near the CD tray, let alone cramming the parrot loom and box in!

They can also overheat, and the pins on the blue box are delicate, so make sure you install the blue box in a secure location with 'some' space around it.

Cheers

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom