Good Year or Bridgestone

goldy

Reaction score
Website
www.goldsmithmortgages.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2019 W213
2019 E Class needs tyres.

Michelin Primacy 3 (MO) on there now. Rears need replacing and fronts won't be too far behind.

Costco have Good Year Eagle F1 Supersport or Bridgestone Potenza.

Any recommendations?

TIA

Slartibardfast1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S350L, R231 SL350 & SL400
2019 E Class needs tyres.

Michelin Primacy 3 (MO) on there now. Rears need replacing and fronts won't be too far behind.

Costco have Good Year Eagle F1 Supersport or Bridgestone Potenza.

Any recommendations?

TIA
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Continental EcoContact if they do them in your size, I’ve been running them as summer hoops for last couple of years and can recommend them highly

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Have had serious reservations about Contis for a considerable time since fitting them (at recommendation of local ATS manager friend of a friend to my 968 coupe in about 2005 - the centres wore out in no time despite running them at the recommended pressure. Also found the ride a bit harsh, have not fitted any since. Replaced them with Bridgestones which were fine. S204 has run on Goodyear Eagle F1's since purchase, until the fronts went a few years ago and I changed to Michelin Crossclimates, just wish I could get them in 245/40 R17 but no-one makes all season tyres in that size so have a big decision coming up very soon!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Have had serious reservations about Contis for a considerable time since fitting them (at recommendation of local ATS manager friend of a friend to my 968 coupe in about 2005 - the centres wore out in no time despite running them at the recommended pressure. Also found the ride a bit harsh, have not fitted any since. Replaced them with Bridgestones which were fine. S204 has run on Goodyear Eagle F1's since purchase, until the fronts went a few years ago and I changed to Michelin Crossclimates, just wish I could get them in 245/40 R17 but no-one makes all season tyres in that size so have a big decision coming up very soon!
EcoContact are a pretty new tyre, you know how much I use my SLK and they grip and wear very well

Noddy 99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 W211 E-Class E280 Sport Estate (OM642 3-litre diesel V6), 3x remapped, now returned to stock
The Potenza is Bridgestone's performance tyre so it depends on how far ride quality is important to you...

Goodyears always seem to get good reviews for both handling and ride. I don't recall that many people ever regretting fitting Goodyears and I read thousands of tyre reviews.

Continental? Not for me, Clive. Too firm a ride.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I had a set of Contis on my 212 about 2014-18, very pleased with them particularly wear got about 35K out of them.
I replaced the front with Uniroyal Rain Sport 2's again very pleased & wearing well. Much cheaper than the Contis.
I replaced the rears with RS 5's, still very pleased, but they generate more noise than the 2's.

ianplymouth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 amg, Renault G Espase 2.0Dci 175+, Megane 265 cup
Of the two, Goodyear every time.
Look at Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 6's as well.
Agree, Asymmetric 6's are so so good.
I use them on my track car in the wet, so much grip and they are also good on a dry track,

They are also used for me to drive to and from the track and all the other stuff, i will be fitting them to my SL55 if i can get the right sizes .

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Out of the two definitely the Goodyear, there just isn’t a contest there to consider. I think the Michelin’s may have a slight advantage so the price may push towards the Goodyear :)

OP
goldy

goldy

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
2019 W213
Thanks everyone.

To add a further spanner a local mobile fitter has offered me a good price on Michelin Primacy 4 so will probably go with them @ £160 rather than the Costco 2 at £130.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
We are having 4 new tyres fitted next week, they are Goodyear. Had a look at the price at Costco and they were more expensive!

Slartibardfast1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S350L, R231 SL350 & SL400
I've found that Black Circles are normally good on prices

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Goodyear but NOT the Supersports, just the Assymetric 6

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Goodyear but NOT the Supersports, just the Assymetric 6
That’s what I have and so far they are brilliant. Obviously depending on the rubbish road surface on the odd times you find a smooth surface they are very quiet which forms a quite large part of my criteria :)

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I've found that Black Circles are normally good on prices
We had used Black Circle for years but when we tried to book our car in this time it's been a nightmare. They gave us a booking locally and took our money, then they emailed us to say they couldn't do that day. We booked it for another day but didn't get an email confirmation. Eventually phoned them and it took ages to get through to someone. They gave us no reason why the garage we wanted to use couldn't do it, all they could suggest was going over to Little Chalfont and we didn't want to go that far. They said they will refund the money, so far haven't had it back. Won't be using them again :confused:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We had used Black Circle for years but when we tried to book our car in this time it's been a nightmare. They gave us a booking locally and took our money, then they emailed us to say they couldn't do that day. We booked it for another day but didn't get an email confirmation. Eventually phoned them and it took ages to get through to someone. They gave us no reason why the garage we wanted to use couldn't do it, all they could suggest was going over to Little Chalfont and we didn't want to go that far. They said they will refund the money, so far haven't had it back. Won't be using them again :confused:
I used Black Circles for my Michelin Winter Tyres last September and they were very good I've also had good service from Asda Tyres last May for my summer hoops

OP
goldy

goldy

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
2019 W213
We are having 4 new tyres fitted next week, they are Goodyear. Had a look at the price at Costco and they were more expensive!
Costco have decided they can't get any tyres in (Michelin) for 3 weeks, despite starting a Michelin promotion yesterday!

OP
goldy

goldy

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
2019 W213
Not a good experience at all

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom