Goodwood Revival 2007

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in having a forum "meet" at the Goodwood Revival meeting next year (usually last week in August or first week in September)?

I believe I can get a group discount if booking as a corporate hospitality event. I also live locally so can recommend accomodation if people have a long way to travel.

If anyone thinks this is a good idea, please let me know and I will look into costs.

I would suggest the Friday as it is less crowded (the event runs Friday/Saturday/Sunday)

Hanz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG/03/5.4V8
I would be happy to attend, after this years event, try and stop me!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Put me down as 'interested from South West Wales' I have no idea where I will be next August/September so my plans may have to change nearer the time.

Reaction score
Also interested, especially in finding good accomodation (cottage to rent etc)

OP
O
Reaction score
A lot of good local pubs have accommodation, like the Swan in Fittleworth or the White Horse in Byworth. There are also some B&B's in Fittleworth (like the "old Post office"). Fittleworth/Petworth/Duncton area is about 7 miles from Goodwood at the foot of the South Downs (very pretty if you're into that kind of thing) and a straight shot to Goodwood (avoiding the A27 and most of the really bad traffic).

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
Just bear in mind that there's no accomodation to be had within 60 miles of Goodwood during the FOS or Revival - it's all been booked the year before. If you want to go next year, book now

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

OP
O
Reaction score
On the whole I would agree with that. However, there is some "unadvertised" accomodation I can arrange. Living only a few miles from Goodwood means I know a lot of people in the area who have "spare accommodation" available (like my neighbours who have completely separate granny flat on the back of their house).

Hanz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG/03/5.4V8
I shall probably day trip, down the A303, onto a bit of motorway, then A roads I think. Took about 2-2.5 hours on Sunday.

Hanz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG/03/5.4V8
I think people also switch off their driving skills with the excitement, almost had a collision when some old boy in a flat cap with enormous black glasses just pulled out infront of us on a roundabout which caused us to almost go into a TT! (such a bad thing?)

OP
O
Reaction score
Different crowd for the Festival of Speed though, a lot more boy racers and lot less flat caps. It's a VERY different experience. I'd recommend going to that too but it's a bit more like a normal car show (no dressing up for a start). Although the ability to be standing 15 feet from an F1 car as it accellerates off the line is something not to miss. The noise is astounding.

I prefer the revival (which is odd as I'm not really into old cars) but the Festival of Speed is definately worth a visit. You MUST get grandstand seats though (I recommend the start line) as you really won't see anything.

Hanz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG/03/5.4V8
Being so small I probably won't see anything! :rolleyes:

I would like to go to both really, just for the experience. It would be great to get some good tickets so I could actually see something. At the revival alot of people had decided to make pitches their own by placing delightful colourful chairs along the front, and if you got to close to them, they would exchange a territorial glance at you. Apart from that they were friendly!

I managed to get to the front for the AC cobra, chevvy racing. I loved the smell of the track!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom