Government commitment to climate change

Altamar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 SL400
With politicians continually bleating on about moving us all out of our ICE vehicles and into electric powered, it did amuse me recently to watch the PM get into a five litre petrol Range Rover for the journey to the Houses of Parliament from Downing Street, followed in convoy by an identical five litre petrol Range Rover (presumably in case the first one encountered a mechanical breakdown during the six hundred metre journey).

And just for political balance, you might want to ask the Labour controlled Welsh Government how many of their official Ministers cars are electric powered. I will give you a clue - the answer (out of a fleet of twenty-eight last time I looked) was less than one.

When our leaders start to lead, maybe some of us will begin to follow

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The Prime Minister I suppose will be travelling round in a heavy bomb proof tank.

It would take a van full of batteries to shift it.

I must admit though Boris in a G Whizz would be amusing.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
I sometimes work in special vehicles Coventry and had a tour while I was waiting for permits. The armoured vehicles these politicians and rich are ferried around in are basically a normal R/R with a blast proof shell over the top. You wouldn’t know the difference until you open the door and see how thick the glass is.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I sometimes work in special vehicles Coventry and had a tour while I was waiting for permits. The armoured vehicles these politicians and rich are ferried around in are basically a normal R/R with a blast proof shell over the top. You wouldn’t know the difference until you open the door and see how thick the glass is.
Went there when they were building our Police Forces armoured land Rover. My job was to work out how to fit the radio & GPS antennas on the roof & then get the feeders in to the vehicle. We managed it its an interesting site to visit.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
He did mention how much the tyres cost but i can’t remember. Put it this way though I will never complain about putting top branded 21s on again

OP
Altamar

Altamar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 SL400
The Prime Minister I suppose will be travelling round in a heavy bomb proof tank.

You are absolutely correct, it is a special order vehicle with all sorts of bomb proofing and bullet proof glass, and I don't have a problem with the PM travelling in a car like that for security reasons.

The only thing I have a problem with is that politicians then lecture the rest of us about driving our Euro 6 diesels when they are being driven around (at our expense) in large petrol and diesel engined cars.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
You are absolutely correct, it is a special order vehicle with all sorts of bomb proofing and bullet proof glass, and I don't have a problem with the PM travelling in a car like that for security reasons.

The only thing I have a problem with is that politicians then lecture the rest of us about driving our Euro 6 diesels when they are being driven around (at our expense) in large petrol and diesel engined cars.

Well I suppose it's unlikely the rest of us are terrorist targets.

Saves me having a bomb-proof door and bodyguards as well so it doesn't really compare.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom