Graphine - a new buzz to make you buy or a gimmick?

Deadeye-Detailing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 CDI
Graphene Coating?
Our market is flooded with something called “Graphene”, so I would like to say that “THERE IS NO GRAPHINE COATING /SEALANT/QUCK DETAILER OR WAX YET INTRODUCED TO OUR INDUSTRY”. Graphene is used just as an additive. The main molecule structure is the same SiO2. Some are even putting graphene to their organic polymer coating which is the previous generation of Glass/Ceramic coating. BC04 contains Titanium dioxide, Tin Oxide to BC07 and Zirconium to BC08 but those are named GLASS COATING because of the main molecule structure is SiO2. Pizza should always be named a Pizza with any toppings. FB_IMG_1619156257272.jpg

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Well that told 'em.

I did not understand any of the above. Are we talking car polish here ? Mine is lucky to get a hose down after a muddy winter.

OP
D

Deadeye-Detailing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 CDI
Hahaha.

Graphine is the new "buzz" word arround the detailing/car care industry when in actual fact its yet to be made into an actual product. The benifits of haveing Graphine in a quick detailer or even a coating would be massive as its so hard, but as yet its all maketing to get you into thinking you have graphine on your car. Does that make sense?

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
Well that told 'em.

I did not understand any of the above. Are we talking car polish here ? Mine is lucky to get a hose down after a muddy winter.
Yeah im with you on that one Mark, would need Spock to translate all that for me! Ha!

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Well that's cleared that up :coffee:

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Hahaha.

Graphine is the new "buzz" word arround the detailing/car care industry when in actual fact its yet to be made into an actual product. The benifits of haveing Graphine in a quick detailer or even a coating would be massive as its so hard, but as yet its all maketing to get you into thinking you have graphine on your car. Does that make sense?
Many examples of it in use in the link below.

Why would it not be in car care products?

Are companies like Turtle Wax lying to us (I'm actually off to Halfords this am to get a bottle).

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
I like pizza, mmm I prefer peperoni, olives and anchovies, and chillis, on a tomato and cheese base, thin and crispy please

Slartibardfast1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S350L, R231 SL350 & SL400
I'll just wait for the "New Improved Formula" before buying if

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
Graphene based products need to find a way to add 'nano' and 'quantum' into their descriptions then it would be good to go ;)
And also tested by the large hadron collider,, that will do the trick! Ha!

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
So New, Improved Formula Acme Graphene Nano polish with quantum tunnelling technology as used to polish the Large Hadron Collider. Higgs Boson approved.

That should warrant at least £40/bottle

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
So New, Improved Formula Acme Graphene Nano polish with quantum tunnelling technology as used to polish the Large Hadron Collider. Higgs Boson approved.

That should warrant at least £40/bottle
Yep summed that up in a nutshell. Ha!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Need to get it tested in this... :D

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Thankfully there are people on this planet who will stick their neck out and try new things otherwise, we'd still be roaming the savanna living off berries. :) ;)

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I do love a good Hawaiian

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom