Hands Free

jefftaylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 2.7 CDI E-class
Hi All,

My name is Jeff and I've just become the proud owner of my first MB (E270 - 53 reg). I would just like to ask some advice as to how I should go about getting a 'bluetooth' type hands free kit fitted. Unfortunately, I don't think my car has been pre-wired.

Do I need to go directly to a MB main dealer or, is there someone in my local area who may be able to fit one for me? (South East Wales).

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me

Jeff

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi & Welcome,

Do you have the split centre armrest? If so then there will be a connector in there that you can plug a bluetooth cradle into. If not then I would go with an aftermarket solution as it will be much more cost effective than putting the full Mercedes kit in.
Dashmount do a good range of kits and cradles if you require one.

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
Welcome Jeff.

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but the first thing you need to do is check out the radiator. There is a problem of engine coolant getting into the transmission due to radiator failure. They are both cooled in the same radiator and with the Valeo radiator there is a known failure. Prevention is the best bet, its worth checking out and if you have one its cheaper to replace the radiator as a preventative measure rather than wait for it to go wrong. If it fails you end up replacing it anyway but you can also lose the trnasmission as well.

You will need someone else to give you more info here but there will be no shortage of help.

If I am wrong sorry, but better to check these things.

Apart from that just enjoy.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Wise advice Olaf. Jeff - get it checked out. They fited the Valeo in 2003. Not to all, but certainly to some. If yours has one, replace it ASAP.
Other than that, the 270 is great isn't it!!

Anyway - Bluetooth. If its not prewired then forget the dealer (actually forget the dealer anyway). There are loads of people out there that will fit one of a variety of Parrott kits or a Nokia kit to your car. Every town has one or more car radio fitters or worst case, Halfrauds do them. Google or yellow pages and you'll find loads.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If the rad is a Behr it will say that on the rad if it is, then you have no worries.

And thank you Olaf for bringing this up:D

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom