Has any UK member recently bought this car

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now a 2005 55 plate C Class 220 CDI Estate Auto in Iridium Silver with Black Nappa Leather.
Hi to you all. As per the title. I am interested in knowing if any UK forum member has recently bought a Firemist Red SLK 230 Automatic registration mark W701 WGF.
The car was listed as being at a used car dealer in Sandy,Bedfordshire and was displaying the registration mark as shown but that was changed to W701 WGF at the point of sale. SLK Sandy 1.jpg

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Our SLK320 was on the dealers web site when we bought it but at the sale they put on a different registration number which is quite normal, though when we viewed the car at the time they said the plate didn't come with the car.

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now a 2005 55 plate C Class 220 CDI Estate Auto in Iridium Silver with Black Nappa Leather.
Our SLK320 was on the dealers web site when we bought it but at the sale they put on a different registration number which is quite normal, though when we viewed the car at the time they said the plate didn't come with the car.

Hi 00slk. The car was given a replacement registration plate ( W701 WGF) because the one that is shown was a personalised plate that went onto the Land Rover that the car was PX'd for at the dealership in Hertfordshire some 30 miles away.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Hi to you all. As per the title. I am interested in knowing if any UK forum member has recently bought a Firemist Red SLK 230 Automatic registration mark W701 WGF.
The car was listed as being at a used car dealer in Sandy,Bedfordshire and was displaying the registration mark as shown but that was changed to W701 WGF at the point of sale. View attachment 58921

You write like a policeman. Asking for information, while giving away nothing of your motives. I know nothing about this car, but if I'd bought it, I'd be concerned at your interest.

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You write like a policeman. Asking for information, while giving away nothing of your motives. I know nothing about this car, but if I'd bought it, I'd be concerned at your interest.

Was going to say , why do you want to know ???

I am not a policeman and my motive is absolutely genuine and straight as an arrow.
I had missed this car when listed at a used car trade site and was keen in knowing whether it had been sold on with the intention of turning it around quickly for a small return or by someone that might have been interested in selling it on to another SLK Fanatic.

I saw the car listed and made contact with the used car dealer in Sandy but because of the restrictions on travelling by train and the fact that I was classed as 'extremely vulnerable' I missed the opportunity of travelling from West Lancashire over to Sandy to purchase the car and drive it back home.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
I am not a policeman

Just your writing style then. I completely understand that you narrowly missed buying a car and wanted to know if it might still be possible to buy it, albeit from another vendor. Nothing like that was indicated in your first post. Good luck in finding an excellent car.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There are many r170 SLK's for sale, just finding a good one that doesn't have rust will be the challenge. You will have to be quick though as the prices are starting to go up a little. ;) The alternative is to buy one of the rusty ones and have it repaired and budget that in the price. I have seen some with the usual rusty front wings and rear arches go for as little £350 :shock:

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W701WGF
Is Taxed till 01 May 2021
MOT expires 17 Oct 2020

No mot mileage history 2014 to 2019

think you may have dodged a bullet.

Hi EMT. As I understand from the chap that put the car (PX'd) it into the dealer down in Hertfordshire before it went to Sandy,Bedfordshire that the car had been out of the UK during the period that you have identified.

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just your writing style then. I completely understand that you narrowly missed buying a car and wanted to know if it might still be possible to buy it, albeit from another vendor. Nothing like that was indicated in your first post. Good luck in finding an excellent car.

Hi McD. I already have an excellent car (a 2004 R170 SLK 230 Face-lift Auto) with a mere 65,000 miles in Cubanite Metallic but I have been looking for a pre-face-lift R170 SLK 230 Auto in Firemist Red Metallic.
I had actually have located one in Barnsley that is a Cat C (light rear bumper damage) that will be getting reviewed again shortly.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
There are many r170 SLK's for sale, just finding a good one that doesn't have rust will be the challenge. You will have to be quick though as the prices are starting to go up a little. ;) The alternative is to buy one of the rusty ones and have it repaired and budget that in the price. I have seen some with the usual rusty front wings and rear arches go for as little £350 :shock:
I sold my 03 plate one for 600 quid , no one on here was interested when I offered for sale , funny world . . . . . . .

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
W701WGF
MOT expires 17 Oct 2020

If it’s currently taxed then it’s privately owned. RFL doesn’t pass to new owners and traders don’t usually tax them until they are sold.

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If it’s currently taxed then it’s privately owned. RFL doesn’t pass to new owners and traders don’t usually tax them until they are sold.

Hi Srdl. I don't wish to be rude but thank you - I do know the obvious BUT what I don't know is where the truly honest private sellers are hiding. It is to be expected with the trade sellers and their sometimes cockeyed notions of MINT,IMMACULATE,PRISTINE and including the no expense spared when the MoT history reads like a horror story and all of the other descriptions and phrases that they use for describing some of the junk that they often get stuck with until some starry eyed dreamer waving a huge fistful of money turns up eager for a purchase.

My 65,000 miles face-lift 2004 R170 SLK 230 Auto (Avatar) is as good as you are going to get for a 16 year old car of any marque albeit it carries the stigma of a Cat N (light front bumper damage) that allowed me a rather attractive purchase in May 2019.

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
To the op. I have an exceptional facelift R170 230k with 71k mikes and you're going to be very hard put to find a better one. I'm considering selling due to very little use. The car was magazine featured and won a show under previous ownership. It's pretty much in the same condition now. It won't be cheap unfortunately but the best never is. Pm me if interested.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
W701WGF
MOT expires 17 Oct 2020

Our very own SLK has no MoT history from 2009 until 2019. It was in storage for ten years, having no practical use with two small children. It was recommisioned last year for my wife’s 50th. I gave her the car for her 30th, so put a smile on her face!
The car had been exercised once a month on the private estate where stored at my workshop and serviced on time. Not necessarily a cause for concern if the paperwork backs it up.

Last edited:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I sold my 03 plate one for 600 quid , no one on here was interested when I offered for sale , funny world . . . . . . .

And to think we got £2300 for ours on ebay 5 years ago, pity I don't have such luck with the 500 :rolleyes:

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom